• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Currently working in this skeleton project again.

Here is the patella.

Now onto wrist bones.

Skull212.JPG
Skull213.JPG

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Next level work here Chris ;)

scaphoid, lunate, triquetral, pisiform, trapezium, trapezoid, capitate, and hamate ,
the hands and feet contain more than half of the bones in your entire body and we still have the most primitive hands and feet of all primates , evolution forgot about our knees too lol

very excited to see a progress on this project !

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, the carpals are all modeled now. Feeling good about these and how they fit with each other as well. Onto the metacarpals next.

In order of how I modeled them: Lunate, Scaphoid, Capitate, Trapezoid, Trapezium, Hamate, Triquetrum, and Pisiform.

Skull218.JPG
Skull219.JPG
Skull219a.JPG
Skull220.JPG
Skull221.JPG

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I truly enjoy seeing this attention to details in this "3D Lego" work
and the metacarpals not going to be less advanced as they need own proper fit as well ..

well done Chris !

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Just excited to share. I finally finished modeling the foot bones. They've been a challenge, and it's been hard to find time lately to complete them.

But I was determined to get them done this weekend.

Very close now to having all the bones modeled for Dusk 2 and Dawn 2 now.

Only the Hyoid bone left to model, and the intervertebral discs.

Here are several screen grabs.

Skull241.JPG
Skull242.JPG
Skull243.JPG
Skull244.JPG
Skull245.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
My goodness. It has been a while.

My goodness is right. Ridiculously wwwwaaaaayyy too long!!!

But I have good reason to be reengaged on this 3D work again.

Paul has been back working with me since last October. That is the BIG surprise. He's helped me finish up several critical projects (yes the one in the works forever now, Dawn 2), and is currently working on 3 more add on products with me to keep things going. With many more to come. Many more.

This skeleton will be one down the road that Paul and I will produce together. Who knows maybe even Cath will be involved. I have to finish the modeling and the UVs before I turn it over. Until then, there are several projects in front of this one.

Yes, and yes!!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
This is wonderful news all around. Glad Paul jumped back in. Funnily I saw a hair product in the store this AM from Ali with a Dawn 2 fit included so there's hope after all. **HAPPY DANCE**