• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DoodleDesigns' WIPs

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Forgot something else too - blanket rack.

Blankets are not CWRW's saddle blankets, but her textures can be used, as shown.

Rack is floating in the air here, but normally would be attached to a wall.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That reminds me of the Kettlebell weights we have at the gym, though those are smaller balls, and the handle is large enough for us to hold with both hands.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Although I would love to see all this lovely stable stuff suitable for Poser. here's one more suggestion for a prop. Seeing you're one a kick with hay - hows about a haynet, ( the old-fashioned net ones) stuffed with hay ?

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Although I would love to see all this lovely stable stuff suitable for Poser. here's one more suggestion for a prop. Seeing you're one a kick with hay - hows about a haynet, ( the old-fashioned net ones) stuffed with hay ?
Been working on one. :)

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Just finished the Jolly Ball.

If you get really close to your screen and take a deep sniff, you can smell the bubblegum scent. ;)

Nice work!
I seen @Rae134 mention this and thought to myself, 'no wonder my dogs never would play with this toy.. it is for horses.' :oops:
I honestly bought one for my dogs not knowing what it was and they refuse to play with it.

Great work though, love your models and textureing skills!

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Miss B. Check out what the horses do with them!
Ahhhh, they're plastic/rubber balls. OK, I can see that being fun for them.

The Kettlebell weights are heavy, and if you happen to lose your grip, well I wouldn't want to be in the path of it when it goes flying. ~ROFL~

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ahhhh, they're plastic/rubber balls. OK, I can see that being fun for them.

The Kettlebell weights are heavy, and if you happen to lose your grip, well I wouldn't want to be in the path of it when it goes flying. ~ROFL~
Actually, I know a guy who messed up all of his shoulder muscles and got impingement syndrome from throwing around Kettlebells at Planet Fitness. He probably won't ever be able to do those lifting type exercises again, and another friend got hyperlodosis or compression of the lower spine due to overhead Kettlebell lifts. Def not something to play around with!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Nice work!
I seen @Rae134 mention this and thought to myself, 'no wonder my dogs never would play with this toy.. it is for horses.' :oops:
I honestly bought one for my dogs not knowing what it was and they refuse to play with it.

Great work though, love your models and textureing skills!
Some dogs really love them. IF they were beef or chicken flavored maybe the dogs might like them better? But mine is fond of banana flavoring.

Really Loving the the blanket rack too !! Awesome looking!! Is that a pose you apply to them to get them to hang on there?

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Really Loving the the blanket rack too !! Awesome looking!! Is that a pose you apply to them to get them to hang on there?
I modeled the blanket flat, then folded it in half using the modeling software. I tried various fold widths, but the blankets would intersect too much with each other, so I used the narrowest fold I could.

Why do you ask? Are the blankets too perfectly folded? Or did you have in mind to be able to use the blankets flat?

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, I know a guy who messed up all of his shoulder muscles and got impingement syndrome from throwing around Kettlebells at Planet Fitness. He probably won't ever be able to do those lifting type exercises again, and another friend got hyperlodosis or compression of the lower spine due to overhead Kettlebell lifts. Def not something to play around with!
Oh, I can imagine the damage they can do. I don't play around with them, but I've seen quite a few who do.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I modeled the blanket flat, then folded it in half using the modeling software. I tried various fold widths, but the blankets would intersect too much with each other, so I used the narrowest fold I could.

Why do you ask? Are the blankets too perfectly folded? Or did you have in mind to be able to use the blankets flat?
No, nothing like that at all !! They look fantastic !! I was just wondering how to get them from Harry to there is all. Love your work!

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I was just wondering how to get them from Harry to there is all.
Ah! I see!

The blanket isn't CWRW's, I wouldn't be able to get it to fold as flat as I needed because hers is molded to the horse's back. I created my own blanket, similar to hers but completely flat so that it would neatly fold the way I needed it to. I made sure that my template matched CWRW's. That way, I don't have to create a bunch of blanket textures - my blanket can use CWRW's textures. :)

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Says very loudly: Someone with the know-how, PLEASE help Doodle Designs make the poser version? Pretty Please?
you know if the items are all PROPS, they should be able to be exported from DS, with all the 'boxes checked' to keep the prop calling to it's texture...Imported into Poser and re-saved/sized as a Poser Prop! I don't use DS or I'd volunteer...

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I've posted a request for conversion help in the CA forums. :)

I'm currently creating horse-related items. I only use DS so I'd like to know if anyone with Poser skills would be interested in converting the materials so that everything can be used in Poser too.

I would pay a flat fee for your conversion efforts.