• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Discussion about content

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And talking about 3D contents, the global buyouts continue. TurboSquid, the world's largest 3D content store has been acquired by ShutterStock. This means ShutterStock is now the largest 3D marketplace in the world.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have never been able to pose figures using the mouse to drag things around. I end up with arms or bodies that look like pretzels. I can't imagine what kind of damage I will do to poor Dawn if I have to use the mouse to drag face chips around to create or tweak an expression.

I don't know what I'm going to do about Superfly. I have tried so many times to understand it and to get decent results. But ... no go.

Ken, I somehow missed your WIP video on SkinEdit. I love it and look forward to it being released.

I have an issue with that as well. Many character materials for Dawn were created before Poser 11 and Superfly existed, to include DawnSE's default materials. If you saw my WIP video on the upcoming SkinEdit script for Poser 12, it can fix these old materials with a single mouse click - not just on Dawn, but also on V4, M4, LF and LH. I have countless character shaders for V4 that look horribly wrong in SF, but now I can fix it with a button click. This should make life easier.

Hornet3d

Wise
Volpe and I put a lot of time designing and building that complex sci-fi outfit for Dawn, but surprise, surprise - it didn't sell well. I don't know what we did wrong, but Volpe has lost interest and left ever since. I can't blame him, I would probably had left as well if I were him. I told him it would be da-bomb if we made something like that, and it didn't come true. I currently can't even bring CKV-01 to Rendo, since Volpe is not replying. Maybe he is out in vacation? I will have to wait and see, but I don't think he would be back for more after this. If THAT didn't sell, I don't know what would. The Scatter Tool and the universal heads outsold everything else. This world is full of surprises.

The amount of effort that went into the outfit is clear the first time you use it so I am definitely with you, if that does not sell I do not know what would. Sci-fi has quite a following in the Poser and DS world so you would have thought there would have been the demand. There was so many options included such as jet pack, helmet, harness, shoulder rig, guns and then a number of colour options that is was value for money and very flexible. If you also consider that there was nothing like it for Dawn and still isn't I am really at a loss. I think it would have sold better at Rendo but not at a level to make a roaring success based on how it was received.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
That's fair enough. A facial rig seems to have become a must these days. I have first seen it in BioWare game models about 20 years ago, and it looked like a good idea, comparing to asking modelers to create new expressions for every specific scene. Dawn 2 will be HW's very first figure to have it, so it's one of these things not being built over previous Dawn experience.

I have just watched Paul's recent video, and I find it useful that eye closing is now done with a bone. How many character morphs had to include eye closing adjustment morphs? That shouldn't be such an issue with bones, assuming the upper and lower eye lids shape still match when closed. That's a thing that occurred to be when I was watching the video.

As for people rejecting Dawn as a figure, there were no lack of discussions about it. But of course, one thing leads to the other. I saw people denying Dawn while waiting like over a year for PE to come out, like it was better to have no figure than to give her a try. It was not that people didn't like Dawn, but instead that they refused to even try. Like discussed elsewhere in this forum, the Poser community has historically tended to be divisive and hostile against new figures. They ask for new figures, and then shoot them down when they get them. They have given up on both Pauline and PE, and shot down Dawn in the way, ending up with nothing. That's a crowd hard to please.
You observed well , it request less adjusting morphs and is great progress to have.

I am not going here into why it did not worked, I know why but it is too sensitive subject to be discussed here in respect to Chris and HW
the truth is different and much simple. You going to know soon why.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have never been able to pose figures using the mouse to drag things around. I end up with arms or bodies that look like pretzels. I can't imagine what kind of damage I will do to poor Dawn if I have to use the mouse to drag face chips around to create or tweak an expression.
I happen to have, and love, Joe/Netherworks Slim Parameters Panel, so I don't have those huge default "wheels" most folks use to tweak and make adjustments. I just double-click the amount something is set to (to the right of each of the wheels), and make my adjustments that way. It'll take some getting used to, but after a while, you'll know just how much you need to tweak something to get the look you're after.

I do this for everything including Cameras, Lights and Props, as well as body parts of a Character.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I believe that's the plan. As soon as a usable version is available, vendors should have a copy to work with.
Sounds great.
I have created a character for Sora, but it didn't sell. Perhaps it would had been different if she was at Rendo at that time. That particular style didn't find its public here.
This is sad. She is such a cute character. During my inspiration and motivation break down I was not often in forums and stores. So I really missed this.
I have an issue with that as well. Many character materials for Dawn were created before Poser 11 and Superfly existed, to include DawnSE's default materials. If you saw my WIP video on the upcoming SkinEdit script for Poser 12, it can fix these old materials with a single mouse click - not just on Dawn, but also on V4, M4, LF and LH. I have countless character shaders for V4 that look horribly wrong in SF, but now I can fix it with a button click. This should make life easier.
Looking forward to this. SF is great and you can get awesome results when you dig deeper in it. The problems is, while in Blender I can set up very good skin shader, for Poser I can not use this nodes because 2 crucial shader nodes are missing. Color ramp and RGB curve. Till now I could not find a good and easy workaround. In my fabric shader I have a huge workaround inside, but this was really a pain and honestly, don't want to repeat it again. LOL I hope Rendero will implement them ASAP.
Waiting for your script :)
Here the workaround for the missing RGB curve, just that you know what I am talking about.

Attachments

• RGB curve.JPG
    RGB curve.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 128
  • RGB curve2.JPG
    RGB curve2.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 119

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here the workaround for the missing RGB curve, just that you know what I am talking about.

I understand native Cycles nodes need to be grouped by an operation with 2 inputs, which makes shaders rather large, because every operation involves like 3 nodes.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I understand native Cycles nodes need to be grouped by an operation with 2 inputs, which makes shaders rather large, because every operation involves like 3 nodes.
Yes you are right. To outsmart the missing RGB curve I had to build up a monstrous shader node and calculate by hand the curve value . It is not easy to describe the workflow, because a lot of try and error , but I think you understand.

Poser need some great scripts and I am really excited you jumped in. With Python the possibilities are endless and only the imagination is the limit.
In case you need help in some calculations , I am happy to help out.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just noticed that CKV-01 for Dawn has made it into the Rendo marketplace which is great news for anyone using Poser for sci-fi renders. As discussed earlier in this thread there was some doubt that the outfit would make the transfer but I am very glad it did. I hope it is picked up by a lot more buyers as this is a superb outfit with so many options it is a real must have for any Poser sci fi fan. Not only that but Superhero for Dawn and Fashion Vol 1 has made it there as well, a set of products that will keep Poser users with a sci-fi leaning busy for months.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I just wish I had an Akira/BGC Hybrid Motoroid for Dawn/Dusk...or M4/V4...or Lafemme... or ant Poser figure, I'm not picky. If I had the funds I would try to commission one based off of my own designs inspired by those sources.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d These products were already at Rendo, but were accidentally mishandled and ended up posted as 'old', so nobody saw them. I had to battle through to get them released as VolpeBox and I originally wanted for days. It wasn't easy, but thanks to help from Jenn, now it's all done. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d These products were already at Rendo, but were accidentally mishandled and ended up posted as 'old', so nobody saw them. I had to battle through to get them released as VolpeBox and I originally wanted for days. It wasn't easy, but thanks to help from Jenn, now it's all done. :)

I already had the purchased products from Hivewire3D so I never went looking so I am surprised to find they were already there. lets hope a lot more people see them and purchase some of the content.