• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DigiDotz Dawn Project(s)

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah the sash gives the dress a little more style and makes it stand out a bit. Besides if anyone doesn't want the belt just set it up in a material zone and they can hide it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very true, or you can make the belt a separate piece, so folks can either use the dress with our without. Needless to say, the belt would need to be parented to the dress, I guess. Not sure about whether it would be parented to the dress or the character. ~scratches head~

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
In Poser that would be done in the Cloth room, if you wanted to make the dress dynamic.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love the collide option in the smoothing modifier makes it very easy to pose a figure with no pokethru...default setting is all it normally needs and I love the I can collide it against a variety of items so that they don't poke thru either.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Yep, I am adding it separately, fit-to the dress in DS ;) Just want to be happy with it there before anything else. Hopefully there will be no major changes now and just need to redo the textures.
I am distracted by two extremes this month - my son who is 2yo (still loves to hit the power button on the PC and giggle) and a daughter who is 14 yo ( just grrr) there are others too!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I know that feeling. My eldest is now in his 30's and my two younger children in their early twenties...it's tough dealing with either but both...I feel for you! Teen's especially can be very frustrating at times...

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Back to ...I dunno ...Kayla/Kaila?
I'm nearly happy with the bod shape (left figure in pics) and then can move on to the texturing bit. I don't know if changing the Dawn SE texture or using another resource yet

kailabod1.jpg

kailabod2.jpg

kailabod3.jpg

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Thanks :) I'm gonna keep all the morphs separate/not merged in a single slider -18 small morphs and a couple dialed from Dawn se.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I'm going with an edited SE texture, because its pretty great already right. (nothing done on it yet)
I cant post nude renders to show the shape obviously ..but on my deviant page
DawnChar01a.jpg

The nitty gritty - pubic hair or not? I don't know If I can do it properly yet though

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks :) I'm gonna keep all the morphs separate/not merged in a single slider -18 small morphs and a couple dialed from Dawn se.

Are you planning to make a Poser version?

I ask only because having to deal with all those morphs separately in Poser means fewer vendors will support your character morphs. It's a great deal of work to chase down everyone of those 18 morphs in every piece of clothing to test, revise and prepare for distribution...........just something you may want to consider.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Are you planning to make a Poser version?

I ask only because having to deal with all those morphs separately in Poser means fewer vendors will support your character morphs. It's a great deal of work to chase down everyone of those 18 morphs in every piece of clothing to test, revise and prepare for distribution...........just something you may want to consider.

I haven't thought about poser because I don't have any recent version or know much how to use it. Saying that, I would be happy for anyone else to do a poser version once completed. I was thinking of combining just my morphs into one, so that would make things simpler.