• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DigiDotz Dawn Project(s)

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Hmm ...this may take some time cause I'm starting - now
Kind of a Dawn Petit. The first attempted body shape. so this is like a marker .....at the start of something.
She will have skinnier arms I think and a flatter chest possibly..
NewCharacter.jpg

NewCharacter2.jpg

DigiDotz

Adventurous
First, I'm just trying to fix the ...erm ..Posterior bend. I'll be happy then :giggle:
I adjusted rigging to shape in Daz but movement still looks a bit strange as I shortened the pelvis/hip area. Maybe *try* to do corrective morphs.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
:giggle: I had to dial a frown because the morph didn't work out.
Starting from scratch doing separate morphs, so back to the eyes, widened the eyes and brows up a bit- I'll try to lower the eyes next
(Its Tosca's texture shown because it is close to what will eventually replace it on this character)
dwneye.jpg

The eyes on the left Dawn's the morph
I also put a slight slant in blender, but I see a EyesRotatUpExtreme dial in Dawn SR2, is that the same in Dawn SE? If so eventually I can dial in a bit more of that on the character preset and be able to keep the eye morph subtle:sneaky:

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Well .....skip the nose for now and now chin and cheeks morphs started (the eyes will have lower/higher morph later hopefully)
dwnchincheeks.jpg
dwnchincheeks2.jpg

I think its starting to look a bit more of a different character, slightly.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Thanks! I am struggling with the cheekbones and chin though, tempting MR's in the store :) although I'll persevere for a while without.
Rendering with different camera focal lengths to get a better idea- Always looks different in Blender

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Is this a dial spin Digi? Sorry I always assume morphs created in a modeler as that's what I do and we not what assumptions are. Nice work either way...and for dial spins more merchant resources are always useful.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Its 12 face morphs I did in Blender at the moment - apart from the eye rotate dial 16%. I have to do the body again as separate morphs at a later stage :)

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I don't know other methods, but to get the eyes lower I selected all eyeball parts and unceremoniously dragged them down and enabled falloff/proportional editing(first):laugh:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool...I always find eyes tricky. In Zbrush if I want to move the whole lot I use the move brush but if I just want to move a section of it without touching the other bits I use topological move as it will move only that poly group.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I used the same method shaping the eyes, (In blender making the eyeball hidden so it isn't effected by proportional editing around it) I just selected the whole Lacrimal and pulled/rotated it around so it took nearby parts with it