• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DigiDotz Dawn Project(s)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Those are looking real nice Digi. I guess doing a few of them gives you an insight on how to do things quicker. IOW, the more you do them, your workflow for creating shoes is getting defined, so it seems easier. :)

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I did try cr2 from Daz to Poser 9 but the toes disappeared :giggle: + i havent a clue in Poser and same for matching the materials.
Did a bit more on them and sticking to simple colors so far -maybe I'll add just a few patterns.
Black/Cream/Red leather, metalic's will also be done and shiny patent versions. like first image here. Foot morph for Dawn's meta-wotsit of the foot too
RedHeels.png

dawnheels.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very nice...I had that happen with the trousers for Star that I made...if may be that the toes are assigned to the wrong part but I don't know enough to help unfortunately. LLF ran me through fixing my issue though which fixed the problem I had...just never got around to doing anything with it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
They're looking nice Digi. Don't recall if you mentioned, but since you're making this for DS first, the dress is going to be conforming, correct?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh that would make texturing it easier with only the one seam to worry about.

As far as dynamic, I'm a Poser user, so I have the Cloth room to try it out in. I was just thinking the flared skirt might look nice dynamic.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Oh that would make texturing it easier with only the one seam to worry about.
As far as dynamic, I'm a Poser user, so I have the Cloth room to try it out in. I was just thinking the flared skirt might look nice dynamic.

Thanks! I'll send it to you after doing redoing the texture with the new uv

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
reason the toes disappear in poser is that in DS even though is shows as only having a foot and toe group in the scene editor it actually has all the toes in there. You need to go to the geometry editor in DS and regroup them, save, and then export them to poser. The cr2 it create only has the rToe and lToe actors but the obj has all the toes in it so when you load it into poser they won't show up.

or open the obj file that DS creates for Poser in a uvmap program and assign the rBigToe, rMidToe, rIndexToe, and etc to rToe

I had the same problem when I created my first pair of shoes for Dawn.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Thanks Shelly. Yes I thought something like that. I deleted the toe bones in DS because I want the shoes totally rigid there
so I guess I need to just do a re-rigged version to send to poser