• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deidre for Luna

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh this last render looks good. I'm also liking her neck now.

BTW NA, the baby chick outfit should be real cute. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm confused... Isn't Dedrie the older sister? Or is she the toddler? (but always LOVE your work, Pen!)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds good...so I will leave her where she is for now.

Hi Lyne and thanks, the Deidre character has mats and morphs for both Diva and Luna. It also has a very basic mat and a morph for Dawn in case you want to do Mother, Daughter and or sisters.

At this point I'm still setting up mats for Iray when that's done I will set it up for the testers and move onto the Poser version. I'm very nervous about doing the Poser mats as I'm not sure what I will need to do for Superfly but I will work it out. Aim at the moment is to have DS version to testers by the end of the work and to try and finish the Poser version sometime next week.

It would be great if I could get it submitted to the Hive before I go in for my colonoscopy on the 9th.

Once that's done I will move on to either the morph and texture for Sora or the outfit. I also would like to finish the dress I started for Diva some time back before then moving onto a mermaid tail and character. Never enough time...:bee::bee::beehive:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'd say they are looking really good. I think you are at that point where you could fiddle forever, but as has been said there isn't a universal rule for how big children are at any given age.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks GG...that was what I was thinking.

I've discovered that normal maps(at least mine) don't work as well in Iray it's making the skin look all bumpy even with reducing the strength to quite low. So it looks like today I'll be working on some bump maps to use instead.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The only thing that I have seen that bugs me just a tiny bit is the chin/underjaw. With a 3 year old, they still have more baby fat under there. They are starting to develop the jaw because of having their teeth, but they are not athletic yet. She just looks a little too old in that area, to me. But, I could certainly be off!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good point Dakorillon. I initially meant this just to be a fairy character for Luna and she grew from there. I'll have a look at it. I've finished the Iray textures for Diva and now need to do the Iray mats for Luna. I'm also reconsidering using the bumps I've made for Iray for the 3delight mats also. I will try that and see how it goes but I'm hoping that the delay from having to create the bumps will only be one day. Which will hopefully mean that I can get the DS version to testers later today or early tomorrow.

I'll have to contact the people who tested Diva and see if they're interested. If not I'll start a thread in the beta testing area.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Dakorillon, Threw Deidre on Luna into Zbrush and did a small amount of work under the neck.
So users will have the choice to have the original morph or add in a bit more baby fat under the chin...

This is what I have so far...what do you think?
New neck...can be dialed in at less and if you want something more extreme you could probably turn off limits.
new neck morph.jpg

Original Morph
original  morph.jpg