• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deidre for Luna

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I upgraded to Poser and it makes it much easier to create injections and I have a working injection file for Deidre and her ears. This is a firefly render as when I try to do a superfly she's all black except inside her mouth.

Looking great. Have you figured out the SuperFly issue yet? Honestly the easiest way around it is to run your existing materials through EZSkin3.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone!
@GG, I haven't looked at it yet. As I'm almost to the point of setting up materials I will need to have a look though.

I'm not on my computer or I'd post some more test shots of the eyebrows and eye colours.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This has taken longer than I expected because I decide to do this for both Luna and Diva.
Here are some of the images using the Deidre morphs on Diva. Ears are exactly the same but the morph is slightly different. These are still only in DS but I will be transfering them across to poser later today and then I'll start work on the mats. First render ears only...second face and ears...third is smiling pose
Deidre For Diva Fairy ears only Freckles 1.jpg
Deidre For Diva Fairy ears and face Freckles 1.jpg
Deidre For Diva Fairy ears and face Freckles 1smiling.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Fairy and GG. I'm working on doing some more eye textures. I bought some fantastic new brushes from obsidian dawn with iris parts.
Yes those are AWESOME!! Brushes!!

Your skin texture looks really good for a redhead!! Sometimes they turn out a little too blotchy, but I'm really loving it. My brother has freckles and red hair and I think you are doing a fantastic job on her!

I might suggest when you get to the lashes using sort of a medium rusty brown. My brothers are not all that dark or pronounced.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone!
Haven't even looked at the lashes yet NA but that's a good suggestion. My daughter is a red head so I'll look at her eyelashes also as well as reference images. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I do love those brushes...

I was a bit worried about the freckles as I haven't done them before so it's good to hear that also.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone!
Haven't even looked at the lashes yet NA but that's a good suggestion. My daughter is a red head so I'll look at her eyelashes also as well as reference images. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I do love those brushes...

I was a bit worried about the freckles as I haven't done them before so it's good to hear that also.

His are about the color of her eyebrows but with more golden hues and just a shade darker.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
3Delight mats are now completed for Diva(Dawn) and Luna. There is an adult version of the mat for Dawn but it doesn't contain genitals for obvious reasons as this is also aimed at a child character. No makeups will be done for the adult version as it is meant as a fresh faced celtic style character as it is more aimed for doing renders of children than an adult.

I would like some feedback on scaling for Baby Luna. Deidre contains the teeth that kids would normally have. I'm thinking about 3 years of age if using Deidre on Luna for realistic models.

This is what I have so far using scaling and also spinning some of Luna's dials like Thin Body.
This will require applying both a pose and a shape preset to get both in DS. Poses don't retain morph info and shaping doesn't retain scaling. I thought a note on how to apply them in DS would suffice.

What do you think? Do I need to change body/head size further? Remember Diva was originally aimed at being about 6 years old.

Would it be okay to have two poses to apply?

I would love some feedback on this...: )

Scaling for 3 year old.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine...I found similar stats...roughly 40 inches to 33 inches. I think I'm close...I have a couple of students who have 3 year old brothers and I was thinking of them when I did it.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Great! Pleased you are making progress. As to the two poses to apply, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. As long as you had an 'apply pose 1, then apply pose 2' etc. Is odd that a shape preset can't save scaling, weird even.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Traci. The proportional sizing looks good, but Luna's neck is a bit too thick. I know young children can have thick necks, but she's not chubby in any sense of the word, so it looks a little strange.