• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deidre for Luna

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So...I submitted Diva and I was having a play with creating a morph for the fairy dress to fit her and ended up getting distracted...I know I jump all over the place and should really be starting to complete one of the other projects on my list but this was just me having a bit of fun...what do you think? She still needs some work around the wrists and a few other areas.

Deidre is a little bit older than Luna and has lost some of her baby fat...she's not smiling yet because she needs more teeth than Luna has...and guess what I found hidden away in those gums of Luna's.

plDeidre2.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
A great start, Pen! I think she'll be another cutie for your store. What age do you reckon she is? Two or three?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was thinking maybe a three year old...I really need to do some research before I go much further though...like how many teeth they have by three and also how much taller she needs to be. I shouldn't have started another project though. I need to do Davi first...

Lorraine

Are you going to name him Davi?! Really? I'm so chuffed :)

From what I've seen with most of the creative types here at HW, most folks have more than one project on the go at once. Possibly to keep from throwing any one project into the bin when one gets fed up. So you are not alone in your multi-project workflow and probably should not stress about it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I'm going to call him Davi...pronounced Da-vee. Didn't want to get into anything serious today so I thought I'd do a morph for Luna for Mada's fairy dress but it was driving me nuts hence going off on a tangent. Off to do some research...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks...I lost the ears though as I managed to crash DS and hadn't saved them, but it should be easy enough to do them again.

Lorraine

That is a pain. DS is still far too ready to crash when you least expect it. With all the faffing around they've done with it, you would think stability would have been at the top of the list.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This version had been pretty good but the last few weeks it's crashed a lot. I think I may need to do a reinstall. Maybe something has been corrupted somehow.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm still plugging away with this as I struck a problem with Davi and while I mull it over I went back to working on this...
She now has teeth but I still have to work out the body proportions for a 2-3 year old...I'm thinking I may do a pose preset and do some scaling of all the body parts but it may be easier to do it in zbrush.
deidrefront smile copy.jpg

deidrefrontangry copy.jpg
deidrefrontcry copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine...it's taking shape. I still need to decide how best to do the body shape. I might be able to get away with scaling the individual body parts up.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's looking adorable Pen, especially that big smile in the first render above. I like that hair you used as well. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...first hair I used was Luka I think...sorry brain dead after work and it's been a crappy day.