• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio exploded on Launch!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
DAZ does give you a decent starter package when you first dip your toes in the water. All three versions of the Genesis base figures, and some basic outfits, hair and scene stuff (and a dragon), plus some tutorials. But, yeah, you need to know about the freebie sites to get enough to really start working on anything other than the tutorial scenes.

They aren't stupid. Getting the program itself as a loss leader does make it more likely that you'll check out their market first when you need something specific. (Plus, until about a year and a half ago, it seemed like most other markets weren't touching the Genesis series with a 10-foot pole, and they had rather a captive audience if someone wanted to use Genesis. That has changed *a lot* over the past year+.)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't updated yet but probably will once I've finished Diva. I just don't want to risk it until I've finished my product as some people initially did have problems converting categories to 4.9 which I do use. I most likely will close the store tab and use it the way I always have via categories.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I have enough and I've been doing this for ten years. I shudder to think how much you have mine is well over 100gb's probably over 150gb's as I haven't looked in a long time. I just keep adding new stuff.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just realised you mentioned the Sarah project...I think I downloaded some of that years ago. I must look and see if I still have it on discs somewhere.

Kerya

Brilliant
Totally not related ... I just wanted to wave and greet and say hello again!
(you probably don't remember me, it's years ago - but I love your Bryce tutorials! - I did put your three of your starfish into the simple space scene instead of the spaceship)

Mivan

Admirable
Hi Kerya, welcome to the bee convention. On the subject of DS4.8 and 4.9 I see I have been upgraded to 4.9 without asking. It was supposed to have all sorts of improvements in the content area. Well I did a search a short while ago for "Beth." The first thing to pop up in the search pane was LB's gloBE THissel! The next item was elisaBETHan ladder, lolololol! Yup, they improved it alright!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The first thing to pop up in the search pane was LB's gloBE THissel! The next item was elisaBETHan ladder, lolololol! Yup, they improved it alright!

The search engine in DS is utter crap. That's why I just use the content library and the database Everything. It's so good.

Mivan

Admirable
I looked at the new Sarah site and it appears the original SP is no more and has been upgraded.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Britt - I'm glad you got it working. Sorry I didn't post in here earlier, but I just didn't have any ideas on that crash. I felt it was better to keep quiet and let someone else who might have an idea speak up.

lol...I have enough and I've been doing this for ten years. I shudder to think how much you have mine is well over 100gb's probably over 150gb's as I haven't looked in a long time. I just keep adding new stuff.

My content, if I add up the DS library and my Poser runtime, after 15 years, comes in to the tune of about 350 GBs.

But then I still have my P4 figure stuff and my Vicky/Mike 2 stuff installed, as I still use them... :)

...and non-3D folks wonder *why* we need these big 1-3 TB HD's! :rofl:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad you have DS working.

Don't want to know how much content I have (and how much hasn't ever been installed...)

My problem is I have over 20 years of content, all the way back through the Sarah Project.

Sara? The other KCTC (Kids & Cute Toons Club) Members & I host her stuff..
3dSaraCreations Downloads

Kerya

Brilliant
Glad you have DS working.

Don't want to know how much content I have (and how much hasn't ever been installed...)

Don't ask - the greater problem is how much I have and didn't download (found some things at RDNA that I added to my cart, checked out ... and forgot to download ... even bought things!) Eeeek.