• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio exploded on Launch!

Britt

Admirable
I decided to try Daz Studio as some Hive members suggested as I figured just maybe; just maybe it would have been improved enough now to actually find my content.

I spent about 6 hours installing and downloading; and installing until everything I had ever bought at Daz was in it.

I then launched the program and it exploded! Woohoo!

6 hours down the toilet. I'm not posting this to assess blame; as it was entirely my choice to try Daz Studio again. I just ranting at myself.

(I did submit a support ticket with the log the program provided for me to save and submit; I'll let you know the results at a later date!)

:)

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Sorry to hear it. Never had a problem as bad. Hope maybe reinstalling the program will work without having to reinstall content

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Britt...I've had a scene explode, in fact it happened just this week...see this page for example...but that was just the mesh of one figure. I've not had the whole program "explode"....if you will explain exactly what happened to your program, I'm curious. The only thing that I read in your post that caused me some reason for concern was your saying that everything you had ever gotten from DAZ was installed. If it was six hours worth, that's a pretty large library. I know DS prompts a caution about a large library compromising program performance. Share with us in more detail what exploded means, and maybe more experienced users can help.

Britt

Admirable
Latest Version!

1. Upon launching the program it proceeded to build the interface.
2. It then put up a box asking for me to input my email address and password and connect to Daz.
3. It then asked me to allow them to watch what I was doing for quality control purposes; (and program quality debugging purposes); it told me this was unconnected to my personal info (which I doubt) but which I agreed to.
4. It proceeded to put up the main interface and then crashed.
5. A box popped up asking me to save a launch log and then go to website to file a bug ticket which i did.

(My browser refused to open the website.....The website the supplied link went to had an invalid/or expired security certificate but the link appeared genuine so I used t anyways!)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...can't help much with the latest version as I haven't upgraded yet but hopefully Tparo or Ram who have upgraded will see this and be able to help. From what I understand it is a bit different to previous versions...

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
I'm wondering if it's the amount you installed that borked the load up.

I didn't have a problem when I tested the G3 to Poser script.

But... I only installed it, the DSON, and the Genesis 3 figure.

So, just delete Studio, and the content, then just do an install with just the G3 figure.

See if that works. If so, gradually install your content and see which one bores up the load up.

It may take a while to do this, but all it takes is one slight problem to mess up a system.

All the best.

Richard

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
My 2cents.

I have installed DS in every computer at every house I dogsit bar one (it's too crap to even think about doing it). I plug in my external harddrive upon which I have a terabyte of content, open DS, put in my serial number, point DS at the library and runtime, and start using my content. In 4.8 and beta 4.9. I use the content library not (un)smart content, manually download, manually install everything to everywhere and DS has never exploded on any of these computers (including mine when I reinstalled Windows after an upgrade). If no one comes up with a solution, I could install 4.9 and see what happens, it would be easy enough to do a reinstall of 4.8.

Britt

Admirable
The program successfully launches now!

The reply I got from DAZ tech support was to check video drivers and security and anti-viral settings. (Which is the exact reply I expected)

I did NONE of that.

I think that the DazStudio program; when first run; was using too many pop up windows to ask for information.

It's worked fine ever since it didn't give me any pop-up windows.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yay! Cool bananas. Be sure to sing out if you have a query, as you have already found, peeps be happy to help here :)

skylab

Esteemed
Congrats Britt...you did it! Now, I'm gonna post these two images for you to help you get started. For a Poser user, we have one place for content, one library, in which we can divide into many runtimes as we prefer. However, with DAZ Studio, there are two libraries, accessed by two different vertical tabs. Experienced DS users move stuff around and have the same freedom as Poser users....but because we're new at it, we pretty much have to take things as they are until we advance to that stage. The two libraries are Smart Content...which anything new you've purchased will more than likely end up here, the first pic below....and the second library is under the Content Library tab, the second pic below. This library will have your Poser runtimes, and older DS content, and since it will remind you in appearance of the old style original DS library, it may help you to remember the difference.

What this looks like on your hard drive is Smart Content is under DAZ 3D in My Documents.
Your Content Library is under My DAZ 3D Library in My Documents.

If you can grasp this info about how the libraries are arranged, then others will have no problem helping you from this point on. Good luck!

SMART CONTENT TAB

DS SMART CONTENT.jpg

CONTENT LIBRARY TAB

DS CONTENT LIBRARY.jpg

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Latest Version!

1. Upon launching the program it proceeded to build the interface.
2. It then put up a box asking for me to input my email address and password and connect to Daz.
3. It then asked me to allow them to watch what I was doing for quality control purposes; (and program quality debugging purposes); it told me this was unconnected to my personal info (which I doubt) but which I agreed to.
4. It proceeded to put up the main interface and then crashed.
5. A box popped up asking me to save a launch log and then go to website to file a bug ticket which i did.

(My browser refused to open the website.....The website the supplied link went to had an invalid/or expired security certificate but the link appeared genuine so I used t anyways!)

I saw that you got it working, but just a thought on what might have happened. It sounds like Daz was having a hard time with the online portion of 4.9. You actually didn't need to pre-download your content for 4.9 (although it probably was better you did) because in 4.9 you can kind of browse the whole store and redownload your purchases inside of Daz. The problem is this uses what Lorraine called the (un)smart Content which I can never figure out.

Anyway, point is, 4.9 is pretty internet connection heavy, and I think that's what caused your initial issue.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Staying with 4.8 myself. I dislike the idea of having to sign in to use content I have already paid for. Sounds a bit fraudulent to me.

You don't actually *have* to sign in, and you can keep your content local. My problem with it is that your content is mixed up with content in their store (if you don't have it locally downloaded, which you can do.) Basically they are trying to advertise in your library.

AllenArt

Eager
I use 4.9 but work offline. Works fine for me. Don't really have a problem with DRM, but since I don't have anything that's encrypted and I'm a creature of habit I've left things as they are ;). I still use the DIM for installations. I have a hefty DS library, but not nearly everything I've ever gotten from Daz and so far no problems. All in all, I like it as much as I like Poser.

Laurie

Mivan

Admirable
Well maybe I will upgrade. Currently waiting for my copy of Poser 7 by Efrontiers which I picked up on Amazon for $69. Have tried Poser in the past; think my last purchased version was either 8 or 9 but having to put out more money every year for new versions.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
One big difference is Poser has a huge free content library that comes with the program. Daz Studio does have free add-ons but not as much content.