• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
To fill the cases could you use a single face and have in image on it?
I plan to do something similar. In the meantime I'm just making products. Here's my latest and a supermarket staple... a box of cereal. I'm not going to say it came out perfect, but I took my time with the UV, and it literally only has 6 polys. Front, back, two sides and a top and bottom.
upload_2018-5-29_11-53-0.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I feel I need to explain, it's just a box prop. There is no morph to open it, and there is no actual cereal inside.;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No need to explain Earl, that's exactly what I thought it was. Very good for stocking the shelves. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I'm having a memory problem. If I save the food props into the Poser library as a prop file, I create a pp2 file which has an embedded geometry. But, if I run Creator's Toybox and remove the geometry to the geometry library, do I need to re-save the prop again? And won't that just make it so I have to do everything over again? I know it sounds weird, but I can't remember what to do. I want to get the process down now while I'm making standalone props, because I get totally lost when I have things like doors and drawers that move. I couldn't get the refrigerator right so I defaulted and just gave up.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No once you run the script and repoint to the geometry you shouldn't have to save again.

One thing I ran into recently is when poser groups an object like clothing it creates a geometry in the characters folder and you have to move that into the geometries folder and point to it.

Your props look great btw!

If you want me to give getting your refrigerator a go saving as a prop let me know.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It looks good, though the plastic cover could be clearer. Hmmmm, not sure I know of any good plastic shaders for it.

eclark1894

Visionary
It looks good, though the plastic cover could be clearer. Hmmmm, not sure I know of any good plastic shaders for it.
I asked Ghostship if he might have a set up. But there are two I could use, the glass shader, and the transparent shader I think the glss shader would be better, but it needs to loose some of it's refractive and reflective-ness.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I saw your post on the SM Poser forum. That looks just like the plastic wrapper real bread comes in.