• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Native American face morph.

Dawn2Work240NativeAmerican.JPG
Dawn2Work240NativeAmericanA.JPG

eclark1894

Visionary
Or maybe have the butt cheeks spread a bit, like when she's sitting down on a chair or stool? Usually, I know the answer is to morph a depression in a pillow on a couch.

And after watching the video above, I do think you're overflexing the abdomen from side to side. Most people I know will twist the hip at least a bit.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Loving the new bending quality, Paul! It caught my eye how the torso side-side preserves the hip bone shape, and I also like how the pelvis bending looks now. The torso forwards bending is definitely a big improvement, with no creasing or collapsing. I think in good part this is thanks to the new grouping with only 1 chest, which gives the abdomen groups more polys for better bending. This will help with content creation, and make posing easier.

I have also noticed this new Dawn has superior foot posing, thanks to the new metatarsal bone. I really wanted this capability, and it feels great to see the kind of foot posing you did in this video. It looks natural.

What I couldn't see from the improved thigh bending is how well Dawn2 could sit on her legs or crouch. Those are problematic with DawnSE, but this new rigging looks very promising! This should greatly improve the bending on ground sitting poses, where thigh bending becomes more critical.

I like what I see, Paul! Many improvements in many areas - I think this new grouping is working great with the rigging. It's less bones on the torso and neck, and more bones on the hands and feet. I think it's going to be a joy to pose this figure! It already looks great even before the JCMs, which is how it should be. Keep up the awesome job! ^____^

eclark1894

Visionary
It'd be nice if Poser would give Superfly or Cycles microdisplacement, so we could have Dawn or Luna curling their toes in the sand.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Snarlygribbly has a shadow catcher as part of his EZDome set, but it would be nice to have in Poser by default as well.

Yes, I have used it whenever possible, but it's a hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know why. At least for me, it hasn't worked in most cases. But that would be something for another thread. :)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You'll be happy to know we are putting in flexion and compression morphs. Compression morphs will allow us to mimic things like the buttocks/thighs spreading/ flattening when seated. The flexion muscle morphs will automatically move the muscles as you bend the figure, and they will be connected to a single dial/switch that will allow folks to turn them all off at once. (should you not want to use them or for content creation.)