• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh this is looking so good Paul, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on her. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Paul! It's great to see a 2nd iteration improving over the 6 years experience of the first one. For the record, some mainstream figures we have nowadays took as many as 6 to 7 generations to get bends as good as these from Paul's video, and even then heavily based on JCM shape corrections. To see Dawn2 bending like this (WITHOUT JCMs) just on her 2nd generation warms my heart.

It's good to know there will be secondary shaping controls that can be toggled on and off when needed. I think it was my personal suggestion to do something like this with the default JCMs to help with content creation, by making a central control to toggle them all on/off at once.

Another suggestion I have is a preset option to load only the JCMs with no other morphs. With DawnSE, the JCMs are included with the "Base" package, so to have them loaded, we also have to load all other included morphs and controls. For my personal use, I have created a preset that loads only the JCMs for content creation. It would be nice if that option would already ship with Dawn2. This is not just for content creation, but also for general use in Poser (DS already loads everything by default). When I build a scene with Dawn, I load the blank figure with no morphs, but I need the JCMs for the posing. This is why I've created a preset that loads only JCMs. When I add the clothing, I have to copy the morphs to them, but Poser has no way to know what morphs I am using, and loading them ALL in each clothing piece makes the scene heavy. This only matters in Poser, since DS doesn't work with morph injections. In Poser, if I want to use the nails long morph, I have to load the entire body shapes package. Having that said, It would be nice to have the JCMs separate.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, I dig it Paul. Really fun stuff to see. Always rewarding to see our figures start to come to life.

The movement is great, and still hard to belief NO JCMs yet either.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Samoan Face morph.

Dawn2Work242Samoan.JPG
Dawn2Work242SamoanA.JPG

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I hope many character artists will come up with some great Korean Character. (Love South Korea)
(I sucks in morphing, so don't even ask :whistling:)

Michele

Eager
She's looking fantastic. I can't wait to try her out.

The ethnic morphs will be full face dials?

I imagine it's easier to do full face dials than separate ones for each facial feature, though if it would be possible to split the face morphs into upper face and lower face -- like the older ethnic morphs set for the first Genesis figure -- that would be really useful. If not, that's fine too. Just thought I'd mention it as a wish. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
She's looking fantastic. I can't wait to try her out.

The ethnic morphs will be full face dials?

I imagine it's easier to do full face dials than separate ones for each facial feature, though if it would be possible to split the face morphs into upper face and lower face -- like the older ethnic morphs set for the first Genesis figure -- that would be really useful. If not, that's fine too. Just thought I'd mention it as a wish. :)

Thanks for the compliment. These are full face dials, though we may break a few of the features out separately.

Michele

Eager
I'll always make good use of whatever you folks provide.

But will probably always make a nuisance of myself agitating for more. :giggle: