• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
...great. Now I have the temptation to put Dawn in a tutu with a plaid button-up shirt on top with delicate little hands swinging this huge axe... :rofl:

My brain is a weird place, and I'm going to hush up now so I don't derail Chris' thread.

That has created some weird poses in my brain now
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Excellent news Chris, as Fabi's Orianna is one of my all time favorite Dawn characters! :)

Me to

Dawn 2.0 looks great, it looks like I'll have to plan some poses for her aswell. I'll see if the old ones would fit her as nicely first though.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Do you mean to separate out ethnic morphs for nose and also for cheek bone areas separated from eye orbits and surrounding area?
More or less yes.
Because Caucasian face and Asian face and African face are too broad and essentially wrong. Especially when we talk African face (at least 4 main groups) or Asian face (not even want to count here...)
It also makes the making of distinct faces easier. And reduces the chances of characters looking like a family with one too similar feature.
(About competition here - PE and G8 with base head morphs pack have about 60% of morphs that translates to the morphs I'm asking for. La Femme has about 80%.)

And please! Make Dawn 2.0 first Poser figure with a modern approach to skin shading out of the box! (Talking about Superfly here: Dual-lobe specular. Different colour radiuses or profiled SSS node if multi-component SSS is too slow. Dual-lobe specular and coloured SSS for Iray too.)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
That has created some weird poses in my brain now
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Me to

Dawn 2.0 looks great, it looks like I'll have to plan some poses for her aswell. I'll see if the old ones would fit her as nicely first though.

Yes, yes, we'd love your continued support.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More or less yes.
Because Caucasian face and Asian face and African face are too broad and essentially wrong. Especially when we talk African face (at least 4 main groups) or Asian face (not even want to count here...)
It also makes the making of distinct faces easier. And reduces the chances of characters looking like a family with one too similar feature.
(About competition here - PE and G8 with base head morphs pack have about 60% of morphs that translates to the morphs I'm asking for. La Femme has about 80%.)

And please! Make Dawn 2.0 first Poser figure with a modern approach to skin shading out of the box! (Talking about Superfly here: Dual-lobe specular. Different colour radiuses or profiled SSS node if multi-component SSS is too slow. Dual-lobe specular and coloured SSS for Iray too.)

Sweet. Okay, thanks for the input thus far.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ah I just remembered something I miss having in Dawn, (at lest I don't recall seeing it), having left and right expression morphs ie smile left/right frown left/right. This can be handy for making more individual expressions rather than ones that tend to all look the same :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ah I just remembered something I miss having in Dawn, (at lest I don't recall seeing it), having left and right expression morphs ie smile left/right frown left/right. This can be handy for making more individual expressions rather than ones that tend to all look the same :)

I know I did create several left and right smiles and so forth. There should be some with Dawn, but we can create more for sure.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We received some early feedback and suggestions from Steve Corder/3D Universe. He said something similar to tparo, which is to be more generic with her shaping. That he had to work hard to get the Dawn unique shaping out of his characters for her.

So, I'll take another stab at some softening of features and shapes. No problem. Paul Lessard has also said something similar, certainly for her overall body default look.

I'll preserve her shape now and we can use her face as a morph later if we want. But I'll go back in and soften her nose, and jawline, smooth out her chin a bit, soften abs more, and shoulder blades which will all help to be more vanilla, or perhaps standardized is a better word.

This way others will have more success creating unique custom shapes.

Keep the ideas coming.

I'll show more wips this evening when I have another round to show.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sweet. Okay, thanks for the input thus far.
Asian faces a quite varied depending on what Asian country they come from. One of the problems I have had trying to get a realistic Asian face say Japanese is of course credible eyes. Here is an image of the kind I just cannot get right. I loved the options n V2 with eyes and/or ethnic faces and would love to see that come back into Poser figures for both males and females. The ony I refer to is the top one.
Also eye size and for those unique elven or alien looks eyes rotate in or out. THis is an image manip I did of my Neice some years ago posted on my Deviant Art page which won an award. I had eye rotate morphs someone made for me when he saw this image and when i asked for someone to offer it for V2. I loved it and use it a lot.

Attachments

• Japanese double-eyelid.jpg
    Japanese double-eyelid.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 197
  • blue_eyed_fae_by_shantetoo_d1ap1mo-pre.jpg
    blue_eyed_fae_by_shantetoo_d1ap1mo-pre.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 271

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Excellent news Chris, as Fabi's Orianna is one of my all time favorite Dawn characters! :)
Would like to see that . Where can I find this?
If I recall correctly (and i seem to be having problems doing that of late, isn't there an Orianna character set for V4 out there somewhere?
Or was that Orianna hair? See......mo brain! :(
OK I was so disappointed in my lack of memory I went looking for her and found her at DAZ and her real name is Orianne and she also has a nice hair. Wonder if the two looks (V4 and Dawn) are similar?