Dawn 2.0 Underway

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

No, it's the default nose. I'm just saying the current and new mesh will support a wide variety of shapes, because I've done it, it will support many others. But... I'll tweak this new base if it will aid you or others in creating additional shapes that will make it easier for you.

I'll do a few very minor things to add in some vanilla or generally accepted shaping.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  2. Chris

Do you mean to separate out ethnic morphs for nose and also for cheek bone areas separated from eye orbits and surrounding area?

3. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

All looking good!

Talking about feet, I have one suggestion...and I don't know if this already exists or not...but making the bone above the arch more prominent or pronounced. This is, according to WebMD, the cuneiform bone. https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/picture-of-the-feet#1 My family, on my mother's side, has a higher bone here. it gave mom troubles, sometimes, finding shoes that wouldn't hurt because of this. I'm sure we're not the only family on the planet with this trait.

Dana

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Chris like this.
  4. Chris

Yes, as stated I will be making navel area smaller.

I will make separate finger nails and toenails, with new morphs for different shapes. Plus UVs for the new base nails, and I'm also told that additional UVs should be supplied to support the morphed shape.

Okay. Thanks. I need to make some serious notes on this one.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. Chris

Sure, okay. Slender them up?

6. Chris

Got it. Perfect.

jonrea likes this.
  7. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

This is looking so good and I know I won't be able to afford it for a lonnnnng time!
    But I am going to want her!

Chris likes this.
  8. Chris

What, you don't like The Carmen? It's a good tribute morph. I thought it was funny, but no we wouldn't do that to you.

Yes, AerySoul has been all over the place with names and stores, yet their quality and stylization has always been admired.

9. Chris

Thanks Dana, a more pronounced cuneiform either as a morph or on the base. Sounds like a morph will be more appropriate.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and DanaTA like this.
  10. Chris

We'll make sure you get a free copy. I imagine Dawn 2.0 will be free for a limited time with upsell packs in Value Stack so we can make some money for our efforts. BUT... pricing and packaging is yet to be determined. So don't quote me on that.

11. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Ohhhh, thank you!

Chris likes this.
  12. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Two things that have always driven me nuts about both Dawn and Dusk, and that if we could have a morph or some way to deal with this, I think I would be over the moon.

1. Abs, Ribs, Lats. I know there's a "smooth" morph, but to my eyes these areas are still VERY carved/defined, even with that morph in effect. Not everyone has carved out muscles in these areas, and I would dearly love it if the smooth morph actually smoothed them out such that we can no longer see them.

2. The lower back, particularly the bend in the lower lumbar area. I know this is not just an issue with Dawn and Dusk, as I've seen it in pretty much every other figure EVER, LOL - but could we pretty please have some way to make that deep curvature a little more shallow? As it stands right now, Dawn looks like she has a case of lordosis going on, and speaking as a human who HAS a lumbar curve that's as severe as Dawn's - it's extremely painful, and it badly affects posture as well as the manner in which the human body carries it's weight. If we could have some kind of morph to make this deep curvature more shallow, I would absolutely love it. It makes me crazy! :D

13. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

Think hands of a surgeon or a pianist, instead of the hands of lumber jack. Delicate not burly.

14. DanaTA

DanaTA Engaged

Yes, a morph would probably be the right way to go. Thank you!

Dana

Chris likes this.
  15. Chris

Most certainly.

16. Chris

Ha, nice.

17. Chris

I just brought the mesh our more in the back and lower back areas on our new base. Does this help?

I can also add a morph to flatten it out completely, especially when bending forward.

Dawn2Work23.JPG

18. Chris

Tparo, is this a better nose shape as default?

I also had a private request to lessen the prominence of the Sternocleidomastoid muscle at the front of the neck. So I made that change here as well.

Dawn2Work18.JPG Dawn2Work19.JPG Dawn2Work20.JPG

19. Chris

Also in response to a request to make the body smoother at Dawn 2.0 default.

Here the abdominal area is smoother.

Also a smaller navel for Miss B.

Dawn2Work21.JPG Dawn2Work22.JPG

20. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Perfect! ;)

Chris likes this.