• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ok I may have misunderstood; are you saying that this is not the default nose?

No, it's the default nose. I'm just saying the current and new mesh will support a wide variety of shapes, because I've done it, it will support many others. But... I'll tweak this new base if it will aid you or others in creating additional shapes that will make it easier for you.

I'll do a few very minor things to add in some vanilla or generally accepted shaping.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
About morphs:
Please, please, please put in the base or the most base morph pack morphs necessary to make not-eyeballed ethnic morphs.
I.e. corresponded to nasale-nasospinale-prostion points and zygomatic bone points (orbitale-zygion-zygomaxilare) of the scull.

Do you mean to separate out ethnic morphs for nose and also for cheek bone areas separated from eye orbits and surrounding area?

DanaTA

Distinguished
All looking good!

Talking about feet, I have one suggestion...and I don't know if this already exists or not...but making the bone above the arch more prominent or pronounced. This is, according to WebMD, the cuneiform bone. https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/picture-of-the-feet#1 My family, on my mother's side, has a higher bone here. it gave mom troubles, sometimes, finding shoes that wouldn't hurt because of this. I'm sure we're not the only family on the planet with this trait.

Dana

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Boy did I ever go to sleep way too early last night! I'm loving what I'm seeing Chris, and it definitely :doesnotsuck:!!!

That said, so far my only comment is, yes I'd like to see her navel/belly button smaller. The only question I have, which will make this end user very, very, VERY happy is, with the separate fingernail mesh you (or Paul) will be including morphs to change the length of her fingernails to suit? I've always been adding the morph from other Dawn characters that include them, so it would DEFINITELY be a plus, and time saver, to have them included with her base mesh. ~hint, hint, hint~

Yes, as stated I will be making navel area smaller.

I will make separate finger nails and toenails, with new morphs for different shapes. Plus UVs for the new base nails, and I'm also told that additional UVs should be supplied to support the morphed shape.
She's looking good!

I like your idea of enlarging the prominence on her Ulna.

Here are my suggestions from the Dawn 2.0? topic. I'm sure I'll think of more (Yep. I did!)
  • A Foot Pressure morph to flatten and spread the foot and toes (heel, ball of the foot, and toes) similar to the Dog and Cat Paw Pad Pressure morph
I'd also like to see additional morphs for the Feet and Hands:
  • Foot Narrow, ToesNarrow (Negative values of both don't seem to do anything), as well as an Ankle Bone Protrude
  • Wrist Bone Protrude.
Could AnkleThin be moved to Feet rather than Legs since WristThin is under Hands, not Arms.

I've never been crazy about the rib and "six pack" protrusions, but I'd like to see more definition in the Leg, Feet, Arms, and Hands, as well as a morph to smooth/lessen the Ribs and Abs protrusions.
  • Smooth Abs (Figure 3)
  • Definition2 (Figure 1 & 2)
  • I frequently use the separate Head, Torso, LegLeft, LegRight, ArmLeft, ArmRight morphs (Aged, Amazon, BodyBuilder, Chubby, Obses1, Obese2, Pear) and would like to see Definition (and Definition2) available as separate Head, Torso, LegLeft, LegRight, ArmLeft, ArmRight morphs.
While I attempted more defined hands and feet with Aoide, I'm not an anatomy person. But in addition to narrow hands and feet morphs, I'd like morphs to make the knuckles and toe joints more prominent (especially for older versions of Dawn) (Figure 4)

What I'm hoping for is something along these lines.
Granted, this can be currently achieved through the use of current morphs (listed on each figure).

Figure 1 - Upper

View attachment 45228

Figure 2 - Lower

View attachment 45229

Figure 3 - Abs / Ribs Smooth

View attachment 45230

Figure 4 - Aoide Hands and Feet

View attachment 45233
She's looking good!

Here are my suggestions from the Dawn 2.0? topic. I'm sure I'll think of more (Yep. I did!)
  • A Foot Pressure morph to flatten and spread the foot and toes (heel, ball of the foot, and toes) similar to the Dog and Cat Paw Pad Pressure morph
  • Foot Narrow, ToesNarrow (Negative values of both don't seem to do anything), as well as an Ankle Bone Protrude
  • Wrist Bone Protrude.
Could AnkleThin be moved to Feet rather than Legs since WristThin is under Hands, not Arms.

I've never been crazy about the rib and "six pack" protrusions, but I'd like to see more definition in the Leg, Feet, Arms, and Hands, as well as a morph to smooth/lessen the Ribs and Abs protrusions.
  • Smooth Abs (Figure 3)
  • I frequently use the separate Head, Torso, LegLeft, LegRight, ArmLeft, ArmRight morphs (Aged, Amazon, BodyBuilder, Chubby, Obses1, Obese2, Pear) and would like to see Definition (and Definition2) available as separate Head, Torso, LegLeft, LegRight, ArmLeft, ArmRight morphs.
While I attempted more defined hands and feet with Aoide, I'm not an anatomy person. But in addition to narrow hands and feet morphs, I'd like morphs to make the knuckles and toe joints more prominent (especially for older versions of Dawn) (Figure 4)

Granted, this can be currently achieved through the use of current morphs (listed on each figure).

Figure 1 - Upper

View attachment 45228

Figure 2 - Lower

View attachment 45229

View attachment 45230

View attachment 45233
She's looking good!

• Wrist Bone Protrude.

• Smooth Abs (Figure 3)

Figure 1 - Upper

View attachment 45228

Figure 2 - Lower

View attachment 45229

View attachment 45230

View attachment 45233

Okay. Thanks. I need to make some serious notes on this one.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I have to agree with this suggestion. While playing with the La Femme character, I noticed she loads with her knuckles pronounced, but they included a morph to "Smooth Knuckles". Here we can do the opposite, by having Dawn's knuckles smooth by default, but having an added morph to make them more pronounced as Satira suggests.

In fact, I'm liking all of Satira's suggestions. I'm not one who's every gotten into character creation, but Satira does it all the time, so having these additional options will make Dawn 2.0's base easier for folks who do it all the time, and for those, like myself, who might want to attempt creating their own characters.

Got it. Perfect.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is looking so good and I know I won't be able to afford it for a lonnnnng time!
But I am going to want her!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Since I could not reply to posts on the original thread I guess I will need to post here (would help bringing those posts here for continuity sake, no?)
NO! Absolutely not "THE CARMEN" for her gen morph! Too personal Chris and it implies too much for me anyway....(Is that what you all think of me!?)....unless you add more details! Hell if I am going to be saddled with that nomiker might as well make it deliciously detailed LOL
The foot flat weight pressure morph is a nice idea as long as it also spreads the foot especially the ball of the foot and toes as well.

AerySoul added it for his last WM solution for V4+ sold for short time at RDNA before they changed their name AGAIN pulled out of yet another vendor site RDNA and flew back to DAZ to work their GENESIS figures. I don't think there is a single other vendor who has gone through so many name changes and store closures and moves than them. Though they have done great work through the years and I have purchased almost all their products going back to V2, all those changes and moves have been fatiguing!

What, you don't like The Carmen? It's a good tribute morph. I thought it was funny, but no we wouldn't do that to you.

Yes, AerySoul has been all over the place with names and stores, yet their quality and stylization has always been admired.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
All looking good!

Talking about feet, I have one suggestion...and I don't know if this already exists or not...but making the bone above the arch more prominent or pronounced. This is, according to WebMD, the cuneiform bone. https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/picture-of-the-feet#1 My family, on my mother's side, has a higher bone here. it gave mom troubles, sometimes, finding shoes that wouldn't hurt because of this. I'm sure we're not the only family on the planet with this trait.

Dana

Thanks Dana, a more pronounced cuneiform either as a morph or on the base. Sounds like a morph will be more appropriate.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This is looking so good and I know I won't be able to afford it for a lonnnnng time!
But I am going to want her!

We'll make sure you get a free copy. I imagine Dawn 2.0 will be free for a limited time with upsell packs in Value Stack so we can make some money for our efforts. BUT... pricing and packaging is yet to be determined. So don't quote me on that.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Two things that have always driven me nuts about both Dawn and Dusk, and that if we could have a morph or some way to deal with this, I think I would be over the moon.

1. Abs, Ribs, Lats. I know there's a "smooth" morph, but to my eyes these areas are still VERY carved/defined, even with that morph in effect. Not everyone has carved out muscles in these areas, and I would dearly love it if the smooth morph actually smoothed them out such that we can no longer see them.

2. The lower back, particularly the bend in the lower lumbar area. I know this is not just an issue with Dawn and Dusk, as I've seen it in pretty much every other figure EVER, LOL - but could we pretty please have some way to make that deep curvature a little more shallow? As it stands right now, Dawn looks like she has a case of lordosis going on, and speaking as a human who HAS a lumbar curve that's as severe as Dawn's - it's extremely painful, and it badly affects posture as well as the manner in which the human body carries it's weight. If we could have some kind of morph to make this deep curvature more shallow, I would absolutely love it. It makes me crazy! :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Two things that have always driven me nuts about both Dawn and Dusk, and that if we could have a morph or some way to deal with this, I think I would be over the moon.

1. Abs, Ribs, Lats. I know there's a "smooth" morph, but to my eyes these areas are still VERY carved/defined, even with that morph in effect. Not everyone has carved out muscles in these areas, and I would dearly love it if the smooth morph actually smoothed them out such that we can no longer see them.

2. The lower back, particularly the bend in the lower lumbar area. I know this is not just an issue with Dawn and Dusk, as I've seen it in pretty much every other figure EVER, LOL - but could we pretty please have some way to make that deep curvature a little more shallow? As it stands right now, Dawn looks like she has a case of lordosis going on, and speaking as a human who HAS a lumbar curve that's as severe as Dawn's - it's extremely painful, and it badly affects posture as well as the manner in which the human body carries it's weight. If we could have some kind of morph to make this deep curvature more shallow, I would absolutely love it. It makes me crazy! :D

I just brought the mesh our more in the back and lower back areas on our new base. Does this help?

I can also add a morph to flatten it out completely, especially when bending forward.

Dawn2Work23.JPG