• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Hornet3d

Wise
I was just about to add that the first thing I noticed when I used the expressions morphs with Dawn SE that often a dial spin would change the face in more than one place, a smile might not only effect the lips but also the eyebrows or eyes. Expression were the biggest change I could see of V4 that I was using at that point.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's probably why I prefer to try to create what I want spinning the dials, because I'm not always happy with the included expressions, even at smaller amounts.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's probably why I prefer to try to create what I want spinning the dials, because I'm not always happy with the included expressions, even at smaller amounts.

Which is particularly the case if you have a character rather than the default figure. Understandably expressions are created using the default figure and while they may look great it is a very different situation when applying the same morph to and already morphed character.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well part of that is that every face and every person behind that face has different ways of blowing kisses or winking or being angry or being sad or ugly crying.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually we may be doing one for the HiveWire animals first, but certainly when Dawn 2.0 is available, that would be a good render challenge.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
This is something Paul will have to respond to, as he knows what is involved and the time it will take.
I really do hope it is something he will do because to be honest if the Poser version of Dawn 2 is going to have features that the DS version doesn't and that the Genesis models do have what will be the incentive for DS users to use Dawn.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We understand what we're up against. Still we move forward to create something that is our own. Some thing that is deeply influenced by our supporters, and by the passion within to do the best we can and offer up something new and different. Will it be enough? Will DS users even look our way anyway? We believe a few will look at Dawn 2, and between the few DS users and perhaps more Poser users it just might be enough to make it worthwhile. It will certainly deepen our figure and content offerings for HiveWire in general. It will be new and fresh. It will be a better figure base we can create other figures from. It will have a brand new and improved rig. It will be for both apps, and soon after for iClone as well. I like our chances.

Michele

Eager
I find Dawn and Dusk much easier to use on my older computer; a number of Genesis 3 figures -- and especially the Genesis 8 HD ones -- drag down my DS functionality to the point where the program becomes unusable. Eventually I'll upgrade my computer, but the fact remains that I don't have those kind of issues with Dawn and Dusk.

Plus, I like them. And maybe I have a soft spot for underdogs?

I've never used the face posing bits in Genesis 8, just the dials, so a lack of face posing bits in Dawn 2.0 for DS wouldn't bother me, personally. I understand other users consider them useful though.

The reality is, imo, that most DS users are going to use Genesis. There's not much growth potential for the HW figures in that content market and I don't begrudge the team here for tailoring content more toward the users who are going to make them money. Everything I've seen of Dawn 2.0 so far -- all in DS previews -- looks fantastic and I think she'll be a significant improvement over DawnSE. I'm truly looking forward to working with her in DS.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am a Poser user who has always supported HiveWire's approach in supporting DS and Poser, if DS users decide not to use Hivewire figures that is their choice. I do feel however, that they are in a no win situation with some suggesting they are not doing enough but I bet there would be many complaints if they decided to drop DS support. Without question HiveWire is the leader in trying to supply both the main software programs and I see nothing wrong in that.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Most likely, DS users who prefer Genesis and avoid the HiveWire figures will continue to do so.
DS users who like the HiveWire figures will more than likely continue to like and use them.

Paul has always gone over and above to make sure HiveWire figures work well in both Poser and DAZ Studio. I have no doubt Paul will rig both the DS version and Poser version of Dawn 2.0 to use face posing bits/chips ... if that's deemed important. It's certainly an interesting experience using La Femme's face chips. But rather easy to end up with something quite unrealistic.

Still, I can see how face chips could be useful in making face morphs, not just doing expressions ... which is what I'd thought they were basically for.

This is just one of many things that makes HiveWire stand out from DAZ 3D.
Some thing that is deeply influenced by our supporters, and by the passion within to do the best we can and offer up something new and different.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Could we get a Chin/Jaw Height morph? It is something I can not find on Dawn in all the morph packs I have, and sometimes I want to affect just that area without the other changes from the Long Face morph (other times I want an even more exaggerated longer face).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
May I ask a question Chris.....

Is Dusk, Dawn and Luna now considered Poser's main "go to" figures since 'Rosity took over Poser and they now ship with Poser? If so I think that will be a boon for sales. If so I THINK I may dive back into Poser and learn enough to update my stuff I made for them to work in Poser like Tommy and Tina! Just wish the cloth room was as easy to use as 'D-force' D-force is a no brainer for me. Cloth room is like jumping through hoops and I'm too old to jump through hoops! LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think the HW figures are considered "go to" figures for Poser. I think the new La Femme is their "go to " figure They're just including the HW figures, and many other Renderosity vendors' goodies, with the software.

It's a good way to get more folks to use (or come back to using) Poser. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't think the HW figures are considered "go to" figures for Poser. I think the new La Femme is their "go to " figure They're just including the HW figures, and many other Renderosity vendors' goodies, with the software.

It's a good way to get more folks to use (or come back to using) Poser. ;)

I think that is true, La Femme is their 'go to' figure but I am hopeful the HiveWire 3D figures will get a look in. For a start I think that the days of 'go to' figure's is ending, there will never be a figure like V4 again that will take a almost total hold over the market. I think more and more that users will use multiple figures depending on what scene they are creating. Then there is also the fact that while Dawn might compete with La Femme there is still Dusk, The HiveWire Horse, The Gorilla and Luna that has no such competition. This has got to be good news for HiveWire 3D and great news for Poser as I am sure it will result in many more using the figures once they find out just how good they are. If nothing else it has proved once and for all that Dawn does work in Poser.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Could we get a Chin/Jaw Height morph? It is something I can not find on Dawn in all the morph packs I have, and sometimes I want to affect just that area without the other changes from the Long Face morph (other times I want an even more exaggerated longer face).

Certainly yes.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder

It's been a while, but I remember creating a receding chin or jaw. I wonder how that would work in the negative direction.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I started today's efforts working on a couple of mouth expression morphs.

Dawn2Work292.JPG

Dawn2Work293.JPG

Last edited: