• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

unreal

Noteworthy
I don't think why someone may thinking it was. I certainly would not have the desire to wait for Poser13 to finish all my backlog stuff I prepared for Dawn 2 .. no way Jose! :rolleyes:
I can't wait to get back to my own stuff and finish it as well .. It is going to be excited winter season! And very creative for all of us here ! :applause:

And when Poser13 is ready for it's release even more so !
Poser 13 will be released when Dawn2 monkey-morphs fly.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Poser 13 will be released when Dawn2 monkey-morphs fly.

Talking about monkey morphs , they are coming .. and will be here early than P13 for sure . :p
I don't believe it will take them so much longer if they started making a new P13 figures .. that would make no sense right? You need a functional program to process that setup . Anyway I am looking forward to that day !
The best thing is that Dawn 2 will works even better in P13 and nothing gonna be lost on the work .

xyer0

Brilliant
Maybe D2 will cause me to use PP11 for something other than .fbx imports for DS. But I also need to learn how to use a clone to fit clothes instead of relying on Autofit.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Maybe D2 will cause me to use PP11 for something other than .fbx imports for DS. But I also need to learn how to use a clone to fit clothes instead of relying on Autofit.
If you use clothing modeled for other figures then yes . Autofit only transfer the base shapes so not ideal for every clothing type , for the rest Transfer Utility with a proper template selection.

unreal

Noteworthy
Talking about monkey morphs , they are coming .. and will be here early than P13 for sure . :p
I don't believe it will take them so much longer if they started making a new P13 figures .. that would make no sense right? You need a functional program to process that setup . Anyway I am looking forward to that day !
The best thing is that Dawn 2 will works even better in P13 and nothing gonna be lost on the work .
I figured so. But when will the monkey morphs fly? O.O

xyer0

Brilliant
If you use clothing modeled for other figures then yes . Autofit only transfer the base shapes so not ideal for every clothing type , for the rest Transfer Utility with a proper template selection.
Yeah, but you're a wiz. I'm not sure what a proper template selection would be or how to make it work.
I hope you can manage to release 7-10 outfits early on so we can jump in the deep end with D2. That way, I might not need to rely on my V4/Genesis wardrobe at all.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yeah, but you're a wiz. I'm not sure what a proper template selection would be or how to make it work.
I hope you can manage to release 7-10 outfits early on so we can jump in the deep end with D2. That way, I might not need to rely on my V4/Genesis wardrobe at all.
Yeah .. it is easy , you rig a mini dress you select mini dress , pants you select pants etc.. i am still working on it as I want to have as much templates as possible covering most basic stuff so it gonna be easy for the users or vendors as base rigging can be very time consuming .

xyer0

Brilliant
Yeah .. it is easy , you rig a mini dress you select mini dress , pants you select pants etc.. i am still working on it as I want to have as much templates as possible covering most basic stuff so it gonna be easy for the users or vendors as base rigging can be very time consuming .
Thank you. Thank you so much.

randym77

Motivated
I don't think why someone may thinking it was. I certainly would not have the desire to wait for Poser13 to finish all my backlog stuff I prepared for Dawn 2 .. no way Jose! :rolleyes:
I can't wait to get back to my own stuff and finish it as well .. It is going to be excited winter season! And very creative for all of us here ! :applause:

And when Poser13 is ready for it's release even more so !

Me, neither, but given the delays so far, it wouldn't exactly be a shock. I think that's why the discussion arose in the first place, in a Poser 13 thread. People were worried that meant Dawn 2 would be further delayed.

unreal

Noteworthy
Me, neither, but given the delays so far, it wouldn't exactly be a shock. I think that's why the discussion arose in the first place, in a Poser 13 thread. People were worried that meant Dawn 2 would be further delayed.
I figured maybe rendo was making arrangements to ship a base D2 with P13. Like they do with LF. For some reason I thought a base D1 was also in the figures with P11 (or 12)?

Given how crazy difficult and time consuming it is to create a quality base figure (the G figures from Daz, the D figures from HW; both from experienced successful figure teams) it seems silly for Poser to spend time on that. Especially since the market (well, content creators) can only really support one or two figures. Poser, itself, hasn't had a commercially successful (dominant) figure that I know of (I started using Poser when V2 was current). I hope they don't spend time adding another grave to that yard.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I figured maybe rendo was making arrangements to ship a base D2 with P13. Like they do with LF. For some reason I thought a base D1 was also in the figures with P11 (or 12)?

Given how crazy difficult and time consuming it is to create a quality base figure (the G figures from Daz, the D figures from HW; both from experienced successful figure teams) it seems silly for Poser to spend time on that. Especially since the market (well, content creators) can only really support one or two figures. Poser, itself, hasn't had a commercially successful (dominant) figure that I know of (I started using Poser when V2 was current). I hope they don't spend time adding another grave to that yard.
I don't bother with Poser native figures after Victoria and Michael , Technically well setup but visually not my taste it triggers my OSD lol
They need to make new figures because of the unimesh , rigging and materials and can be exported everywhere to any programs so it is very good idea to have a new figure and fully functional with all the new features and goodies .
I hope P13 bring new artists that love to create and render with quality and not just people fixing stuff for everything it offers.

There is always space for a new figure in this world , not everyone's taste is a like .
I am supporting DAWN2 for both programs so not much time left for other figures to be bothered with as my day is too short to deal with .

unreal

Noteworthy
I don't bother with Poser native figures after Victoria and Michael , Technically well setup but visually not my taste it triggers my OSD lol
The same, here ^.^
They need to make new figures because of the unimesh , rigging and materials and can be exported everywhere to any programs so it is very good idea to have a new figure and fully functional with all the new features and goodies .
Doesn't D2 already have all the features and goodies?
I hope P13 bring new artists that love to create and render with quality and not just people fixing stuff for everything it offers.

There is always space for a new figure in this world , not everyone's taste is a like .
Always true.
I am supporting DAWN2 for both programs so not much time left for other figures to be bothered with as my day is too short to deal with .
Which is kind of my point. Rendo makes money from selling stuff *for* figures. Currently, most new stuff that comes out is for the recent G figures. Mo' market mo' market mo' market. There's a bit for LF, which is their own figure (more or less). But only works in Poser (less market) and only P11> (less of less) and difficult to make stuff. Hard to work that hard for such small market, right?

Whatever figure they make will only be for Poser. I find it difficult to believe it will be better (technically or aesthetically) than D2. But, who knows? Rendo poser dev has gone SM style, as far as official comms are concerned. The only up side is knowing that rendo's business aligns with Poser's market better. Which, to be fair, is HUGE :)

randym77

Motivated
Well, if the Poser 13 mystery figure isn't Dawn 2, maybe it's La Femme 2. Or Project Evolution. It does seem...inefficient, if it's some completely new figure.

Poser 11 and 12 do come with a bunch of Hivewire stuff. Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, the horse, the gorilla.

unreal

Noteworthy
Well, if the Poser 13 mystery figure isn't Dawn 2, maybe it's La Femme 2. Or Project Evolution. It does seem...inefficient, if it's some completely new figure.

Poser 11 and 12 do come with a bunch of Hivewire stuff. Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, the horse, the gorilla.
Which makes sense. Good figures from good figure makers.

That's just crazy enough to work.