• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Janet , once everything is packed and ready Rendo's vendors will have enough time until the release to make and test own products .Chris will announce release data when it is 100% clear without any unexpected delays and everyone is in synch with the deadline.
Agreed. Once Alisa has the final files and she has them in proper directories, I'll then let Jenn at Rendo know it is ready for artists to create for. My thinking is artists will have 6 weeks before release. I will try to get a release date from Jenn, as I'm sure they will have to fit it in their schedule. I'm told they want to support Dawn 2 and advertise her well, so they will need to schedule all of that.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Agreed. Once Alisa has the final files and she has them in proper directories, I'll then let Jenn at Rendo know it is ready for artists to create for. My thinking is artists will have 6 weeks before release. I will try to get a release date from Jenn, as I'm sure they will have to fit it in their schedule. I'm told they want to support Dawn 2 and advertise her well, so they will need to schedule all of that.
Sounds like a good plan Chris ! In 9 weeks we have spring (65 days)

Time flies like an arrow,
flies like banana lol

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Awesome! Thank you.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I do finally have a laptop that can run the newest Poser, and if it's not too late - I would like to develop for Dawn 2. I still setting it up and still need to install Poser on it. I am also still dealing with a lot of life issues so my development may be slower. I am hoping to try to finish some poses for current Dusk/Dawn that I have had in development for a long time very soon.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I do finally have a laptop that can run the newest Poser, and if it's not too late - I would like to develop for Dawn 2. I still setting it up and still need to install Poser on it. I am also still dealing with a lot of life issues so my development may be slower. I am hoping to try to finish some poses for current Dusk/Dawn that I have had in development for a long time very soon.
Kage,

before you get in touch with Chris ( Chris @ hivewire.com ) remember
1. You need to finish at last one product for the release and not later
2. First product need to be sold at Rendo
3. You can do it for DS4, P11, P12 , early versions don't support the new figure.
4. You will have 6 weeks to finish your product and be ready for the release once the official last version is ready ( right now it is still under development as it is polished to perfection .)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Kage,

before you get in touch with Chris ( Chris @ hivewire.com ) remember
1. You need to finish at last one product for the release and not later
2. First product need to be sold at Rendo
So, nothing can be done for another shop? o_O :(

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I could probably make that deadline (I hope) If I really knuckle down. My question would be regarding if there is a specific development froup forum/thread where the various HW CAs that are participating are collaborating? I am sure other CAs are planning or working on pose sets and would not want to release a competing set unintentionally. I generally prefer creating poses to work with existing props or outfits that inspire me, but as this is a new developing figure I would put out the question if there are any planned sci-fi or fantasy outfits or props planned that would like some poses developed to compliment them?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I could probably make that deadline (I hope) If I really knuckle down. My question would be regarding if there is a specific development froup forum/thread where the various HW CAs that are participating are collaborating? I am sure other CAs are planning or working on pose sets and would not want to release a competing set unintentionally. I generally prefer creating poses to work with existing props or outfits that inspire me, but as this is a new developing figure I would put out the question if there are any planned sci-fi or fantasy outfits or props planned that would like some poses developed to compliment them?
You can find most stuff under "Show me the Honey" section , it is still very early , but check it there , I saw some pose sets and outfits creations there , I believe after the release you will have more chances to collaborate , as you said this is a new developing figure and things are in early stage to give you a specific answer for your questions. So far I saw some everyday pose sets , walking pose sets , I believe once the figure is ready for final distribution into CA's and Vendors hands , there will be more going on here and on Rendo . And since you are CA here, you have access to all sections in the forum here , so check it out , post a question , and interact with other CA's that are developing stuff for the new figure.

Roberta

Eager
I hope to make some add-ons for Dawn's outfits and also for the other figures that Mec4D is developing. If anyone doesn't know my shop at Renderosity, I'm RAgraphicDesign. So far I have done additional textures for Dawn and BabyLuna for some products of SatiraCapriccio, Evilinnocence, Karanta, willyb53.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So, nothing can be done for another shop? o_O :(
Dana , since I saw your sad face , if you purchase Dawn 2.0 in the store after release you can do whatever you want with your product and sell it as your please. But since you getting early bird version at no cost , you need to make something in return to support its release. I think it is not bad deal at all , and you still making money from it.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I hope to make some add-ons for Dawn's outfits and also for the other figures that Mec4D is developing. If anyone doesn't know my shop at Renderosity, I'm RAgraphicDesign. So far I have done additional textures for Dawn and BabyLuna for some products of SatiraCapriccio, Evilinnocence, Karanta, willyb53.
That's great news Roberta !
thanks !

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana , since I saw your sad face , if you purchase Dawn 2.0 in the store after release you can do whatever you want with your product and sell it as your please. But since you getting early bird version at no cost , you need to make something in return to support its release. I think it is not bad deal at all , and you still making money from it.
Well, the way things have been going lately, it's unlikely I'll get anything done before very long. And I do not have any affiliation with Renderosity, except being a customer.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, the way things have been going lately, it's unlikely I'll get anything done before very long. And I do not have any affiliation with Renderosity, except being a customer.

Dana
I understand Dana, I hope you doing OK .. I need to reopen my own store there again as it was a long long time ago that I was active there as a vendor , exactly when V4 & M4 still ruled the 3D world and Chris was busy sculpting M4's new muscle pack ;)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So there's a merchant resource skin texture? One we can recolor and paint on and sell?
Yes Janet
The merchant resource skin textures and materials need to be edited /painted and can't be distributed in it's original form. See it as a starting point for your new original creation. Merchant Reources can't be shared in free products . The main Dawn 2 textures and materials can't be copied, shared, edited and sold at any time without written permission from HW.

Last edited by a moderator:

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes Janet.
The merchant resource skin textures and materials need to be edited /painted and can't be distributed in it's original form. See it as a starting point for your new original creation. Merchant Resources can't be shared in free products . The main Dawn 2 textures and materials can't be copied, shared, edited and sold at any time without written permission from HW.
Here's an interesting question about merchant resources. Let's say I want to put tattoos on Dawn 2, but I'm a terrible painter or I just don't know how to do it. Can I, using a merchant resource, hire someone to do the custom tattoos for me? It seems like a rather straightforward question, but it also seems like I'd violate a EULA agreement somewhere down the line unless I paid for the merchant resource twice. Once for me, and once for the third party I'd have to hire. Or is that a mistaken belief?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes Janet.
The merchant resource skin textures and materials need to be edited /painted and can't be distributed in it's original form. See it as a starting point for your new original creation. Merchant Resources can't be shared in free products . The main Dawn 2 textures and materials can't be copied, shared, edited and sold at any time without written permission from HW.
Exellent! I got a great idea today.