• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise is shutting down

Hornet3d

Wise
I prefer boobies myself

OHH, I Love the boobies.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I had no intention of sending the whole thread into a tizzy. Yeah, let's get back to Content Paradise and the loss of diversity in markets in the 3D world.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I knew they existed, but then about the only TV my parents approved of when I was a kid was nature shows, so I know a lot more about foreign and weird critters than I possibly ever wanted to.

Terre

Renowned
Thanks for the link, Bonnie. I've known about the red-footed and blue-footed ones since I was a child but didn't know about the others.

Terre

Renowned
I knew they existed, but then about the only TV my parents approved of when I was a kid was nature shows, so I know a lot more about foreign and weird critters than I possibly ever wanted to.
Nature shows were part of what I wanted to watch. :)
Along with Dragnet, Parry Mason, Star Trek.....

D

Deleted member 325

Despite CP shutting down, I added 3 new products to my catalog there, and will likely add a few more before the end of the month if I get them finished. Not sure what will become of the products after that.

Terre

Renowned
I hope you come up with something. DanaTA is looking for people to put products in the store he's set up.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, that explains why I don't recall seeing them. I have the Waterfowl sets, but not the Seabirds . . . yet. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One major factor some CP vendors may not know about selling at Rendo is the minimum sales amount limit. CP doesn't have limits, but Rendo does. It works this way: if your products don't sell a certain minimum number of copies in a year, they will be removed from the store. As most of us know, as a product gets older, it gets buried down the catalog back pages, loosing visibility and sales. Rendo offers more options for exposure if you become an exclusive vendor, where the one I remember is higher priority in the banner rotations. There is, your products will show more often in their store banners if you give Rendo exclusive rights to sell them. In a way, that is to say that if your product is not Rendo exclusive, it will eventually be deleted from the store for lack of exposure.

Back in the day I was making ALL of my products exclusive, and that was a decade ago. I wonder if things still work that way over there?

D

Deleted member 325

I have seen posted by an admin in the forums at rendo, and looking at some of my old sets this seems true, that the clearance rule has been suspended by popular demand. That is, things will still be marked down in price for low clearance, but will not be deleted. I need to confirm if this is true or not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What used to tick me off to no end was when I'd find something mentioned as being used in a product's promo images, and then I go looking for it in the store, and lo and behold . . . it's UNAVAILABLE!!!

Why on Earth can't they take the product page down when they remove the product from the store? Is that so hard to do? Granted it will take some doing, as I'm sure they don't drop products from the store one-at-a-time, but getting a customer's hopes up of getting just what they're looking for, and then see that stupid Unavailable button, instead of Add to Cart button, is very anonying to say the least.

Hornet3d

Wise
What used to tick me off to no end was when I'd find something mentioned as being used in a product's promo images, and then I go looking for it in the store, and lo and behold . . . it's UNAVAILABLE!!!

Why on Earth can't they take the product page down when they remove the product from the store? Is that so hard to do? Granted it will take some doing, as I'm sure they don't drop products from the store one-at-a-time, but getting a customer's hopes up of getting just what they're looking for, and then see that stupid Unavailable button, instead of Add to Cart button, is very anonying to say the least.

In the past I had that a lot with hair textures, I would be meandering through a lot of content and see a style I liked in the promos. When I looked at the product itself it was a texture so I then looked for the base product and it was unavailable. Now I can see that leaving the texture for sale is a good idea for those who already have the product but if you are going to do that why not keep the base product there as well. After all they need to hold the main products files in case someone who has purchased it want's to download it again.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just think that if it's no longer available for sale, the store product page should be removed. Now in the case of the hair textures you found, I assume it might be a royal PITA to go around the store to see what products are related so they could mention on THOSE product pages that the original product is no longer available.

That said, they could easily put up a page on their site that all folks looking for products that are no longer available would come across, that says they're no longer available. Something on the order of a 404 Page Not Found, which works for any and all links which don't work. True that sort of page would also be disheartening, but at least we'd know it immediately, instead of not finding out until we scroll all the way down to the buttons for adding to the cart or wishlist. For the most part their main promos are huge, so you could be scrolling down a whole page or more to find out it's no longer available. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Personally, I'm really glad they don't remove the pages of unavailable content. That way I can go back and look at old products I bought, study promos, read descriptions, reviews etc. It annoys me to no end when Daz3d removes their product pages, and all you got is a little blurp in the product library

Miss B

CV-BEE
I usually save the main promo of each product I purchase, though certainly not all the promos from a product, so at least I remember what it looks like. I find, sometimes, even the converse is true, and I'll remember what something looks like, but I can't remember the full name of it, or who the vendor was, so it's nice having the main promos to scan through.

I just don't see the purpose if it's no longer available. Maybe if they placed a tag that it's no longer available somewhere near the name of the product above the main promo, that would work. I just hate thinking all I need to do is add it to the cart so it's mine, and then find out I can't after scrolling half way down the page. I find that very annoying.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In all my years of selling at CP, it was kind of lonely there. There is no product verification or QAV, so vendors can post anything at any time. The only time CP actually decided to verify things was once in a decade, because they wanted to survey who was still active, so they could do some clean up and remove dead accounts. That's the only time they notified vendors they would remove products that didn't sell in a year or so.

At Rendo things were a bit scarier, where products were at constant surveillance. The clock started counting every time you made a sale, where we had to meet a quota or be deleted from the store. Products naturally become harder to find the older they are, like it is at HW as well. The deeper it gets buried into the pages, the less likely they would be seen again, unless you are searching for it specifically by name. My very first Dawn product was the "Classic Bunny Suit" back in 2013, which is buried deep into the store pages, probably at the lats page in the back. I remember some folks asking me where do I sell it, because they couldn't find it here. This is where Rendo offers vendors more exposure if we give them product exclusivity. This is crucial for your products to keep selling, so I personally believe vendors should be eligible for it by default. Without this, your store products would still get banner rotation, but what changes is how often that would happen. I guess the bottom line was that without frequent banner rotation, your products would eventually end up being deleted, so I was forced to give Rendo exclusive rights.

At HW there are no banner rotations to revive older store products sales. Exclusive rights just change the royalty value, so it's a different policy. Older products just won't sell as much, and there is nothing to prevent that. Lisa told me they will eventually add banner rotations, which should generally increase sales across the entire catalog, instead of just the new products. I guess this proves that if older products stop selling, it doesn't mean people don't want them. It just means they are hard to find unless you know them by name. If you are just browsing at random, only the new products will show up, because people won't dig too deep into the store pages. What they may potentially want might be just deeper into the pages, but they don't have the patience or time to keep digging. Hence the importance of having banner rotations.

So I understand Rendo is no longer deleting products?

D

Deleted member 325

I am in agreement with @Willowisp on the old products. I would much rather follow a link from a pack or supporting product to a page showing me the base product is no longer unavailable, than to have it just mentioned with no link or a 404 and then spend time trying to track it down at see if it was sold at a different store. Also, sometimes, when a product is unavailable if the vendor is still active I have been able to reach out and make arrangements to acquire it. Not all vendors are receptive to this, but you never know unless you try is my opinion (and I have gotten some downright rude answers over the years too - but I have also purchased some products).