• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Completely get rid of head?

In DAZ 3D, is there a way to completely get rid of the Genesis 8 model's head? I replaced my character's head with another one and just hid the G8 head, but I'm trying to export my character model for posing references, so the G8 head will reappear if I do that, and ruin everything. How can I completely get rid of it?

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can do that with any figure. To delete the head would be to break the mesh. This will break the UV maps, textures, rigging...I think this is not possible to do. I think the mesh will explode if you do when you try to load it afterwards.

Dana

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
You could load the obj file in some other program, select the G8 head and delete it. If it's only for reference you don't need rigging or shapes, I guess?