• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Clothing for Luna or Fits of Artistic Madness

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
go into the parameter tabs and see if changing the subD resolution helps.

I'm not sure what you mean by blurring but the edges look terrific. Sorry home sick so my brain is still in neutral...
Are you using a map for the displacement? And if so can you post an image of it?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It wouldn't let me change the SubD, said it was already done. I'll have to shrink it, because it's 12MB. I made my own Displacement map.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As for the blur, I selected a tiny edge of the displacement map for the sleeves and collar, and then applied Gaussian blur, I'm playing with darkening it, rather than just blur, so that it still has a bit of texture, without getting crazy. lol

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
New Displace Blur Example.jpg
This is what I did. If there is a better way? Let me know. Get well, soon. Rest, Fluids.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Will do...

I would put a plain mid grey there as that is the equivalent of zero in DS. I would also suggest if you want finer displacement you might want a slightly finer noise type effect but I'm not an expert on creating the displacement maps.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I couldn't get the noise any finer than this, will have to experiment to figure that out. I didn't really like the look of plain gray (I did try it), it looked too different from the rest of the material. This way it still has some thickness. Thank you so much for helping me to figure it out to here!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Aw, Pen, thank you! You helped tons! I took your suggestions to the DAZ Addicts grp on Facebook, and asked them how to do it. Got someone to go over the stuff and make suggestions. I went through and did them, checking back here to compare with what you said, and viola! They are looking really good. With the right lighting and posing, they are very cute. And they are adjustable from Microfiber, to fleece, to shag! So, don't feel bad, just because you are feeling sick! Just keep being awesome, helpful, you!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
How do I go about finding someone who can convert these to Poser? I have the 4 sets completed and almost packaged for Beta testing, which I need someone for, as well. Do I advertise in the Testers wanted area?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good question I'm not sure...still working that process out myself. If it's just textures you could use Poser File Exporter (script) to set up basic poses or you could set up the materials in the material room yourself.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lol, I only have Poser 5, And I don't have a clue how to do more that start the program! lol. So, I'll have to find someone else or a program that converts from DAZ to Poser automatically! Wouldn't that be awesome!

Thanks for the answer!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you! That would be awesome. I hate just having it sit there. And I was even thinking about sending it on to Quality Control as is, but I really still want to support the Poser people when I can.