• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Clothing for Luna or Fits of Artistic Madness

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looking good...I'd ditch the white thread also.

Textures for both programs go in Content(My Library)/Runtime/Textures/Your Folder

I normally have Pendraia/Dawn/Diva so it's easy to locate the textures.

When packing just include from the the runtime down...don't include the content folder itself as people often have different names for their content folder. Mine is actually called My Daz Library.

Also when rendering displacement fur/fuzziness don't forget to check your render settings and your shader rate. The lower it is the finer the furriness. Also is the wrists and the sleeves meant to be chunkier or has that just happened? Playing with the subD can make that finer if that is the effect you want. It may be that those areas are lower poly and that is why that is happening Displacement can rip meshes apart sometimes when they are lower poly. Also bucket size if you get odd things happening can sometimes help.

Okay, things I don't know: How/What to check for renders settings, How/Where/What to check for shader rate. I would like finer furriness. The wrist and neck just happened, but maybe the shader or render thingy would help? Don't know how to do subD, though I do at least know What it is! Don't know How/What to do about bucket size. Sorry, I've only been doing DAZ since Nov/Dec of 2015, so there's lots I don't know. All of my previous texture work was done in Second Life, which I haven't had access to for 3 years do to bandwidth issues, so I don't do it anymore. Happy to learn though!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not crazy about the white threads either, though I don't know if I'd ditch them altogether. If this were my project, I'd try the darker maroon color, or a shade somewhere between the two colors of the sleeper. I don't think stitching has to be a third color, as it usually stands out too much, which is what I think the white threads are doing.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So if you go to the main Hivewire page, and start clicking through the sell links as if you were going to submit a product for sale, you'll eventually find this link Information Kit it has the basic guidelines on what's expected. It mostly comes down paying attention to a lot of detail, and a lot of time spent organizing and cleaning up files. It's not necessarily that hard, it's just a lot of small adjustments and fiddling. Although I may feel that way because I'm enough of a perfectionist, that once I get started trying to get something ready, it takes me forever to feel I'm ready to submit.

I found the CA kit and have started going through what it says. It does say to put new textures under the originator's materials folder rather than a new category. So, that is what I'm doing at the moment.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm not crazy about the white threads either, though I don't know if I'd ditch them altogether. If this were my project, I'd try the darker maroon color, or a shade somewhere between the two colors of the sleeper. I don't think stitching has to be a third color, as it usually stands out too much, which is what I think the white threads are doing.

Since so many people have said they aren't crazy about the contrast, I've done a set with black thread, and a set with white thread for some of the sleepers. Some of the other textures have black, a few have white because I like the contrast in them. I'll look at doing other colors of thread, and see what looks good. I split the Sleepers into 4 categories, Tiger, Groovy, Camo, and Swirls. Once I figure out the SubD and Shader rate and that other stuff Pen said, I'll be ready to save the Material files. And once I find the Material files for the Diapers, and add the Material files for the Pins, then I'll be ready with them, too.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'll post quick pictures of all of them, so that you all can see and tell me if something is just horrid. I don't know how to adjust the furry thing yet, so, they will be similar to the above, though if you aren't doing extreme close ups, they don't look this bad. Then I can do final tweaks. I have to warn though that I LOVE bright colors and bright contrasts. lol

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, The Tigers:
Bengal Tiger.jpg Blue Tiger - Black Thread.jpg Blue Tiger.jpg Hot Pink Tiger.jpg Pink Tiger - Black Thread.jpg Pink Tiger.jpg White Tiger - Green Diffuse.jpg White Tiger - Yellow Diffuse.jpg White Tiger.jpg
We have Bengal, Blue w/Black Thread, Blue, Hot Pink, Pink with Black Thread, Pink, White with Green Diffuse, White with Yellow Diffuse and White.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think I will move TieDye down to Groovy. Should I do a White Camo to round it out?

So, any glaring issues, please let me know. If not, These are ready to package!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have the Diapers and Pins files Zipped in hopefully all the correct folders, but even with optimization, and Zipped, it's over 18MB with no Promo Pictures inside at all! So, it won't fit on the site. But, before I put it elsewhere, Does someone want to Beta test it? It's only DAZ, since I don't have access to a proper Poser program. Let me know.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay, things I don't know: How/What to check for renders settings, How/Where/What to check for shader rate. I would like finer furriness. The wrist and neck just happened, but maybe the shader or render thingy would help? Don't know how to do subD, though I do at least know What it is! Don't know How/What to do about bucket size. Sorry, I've only been doing DAZ since Nov/Dec of 2015, so there's lots I don't know. All of my previous texture work was done in Second Life, which I haven't had access to for 3 years do to bandwidth issues, so I don't do it anymore. Happy to learn though!
Sorry...my first thought when I saw this was where to start...I'm a bit brain dead at the moment. I'll try and remember on the weekend(won't get chance before to sit down and write out the process with diagrams) poke at me via pm if I forget Dax...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay, things I don't know: How/What to check for renders settings, How/Where/What to check for shader rate.
If you do not have the render settings tab already opened go to top menu and click Window/Panes(Tabs)/Render settings.

This will open a tab that will allow you to set your render settings. It is also where you can change from Iray to 3Delight.

The shading rate I was referring to is 3Delight but it occurs to me you may be using Iray which I don't really understand myself. Just playing with it in 4.9 it seems to have changed from when I played with it for my fur settings which were in DS3.

With 3delight selected click on the editor tab. There is a called shader rate. Click on the heading and you will be able to adjust the settings. When doing my cat fur I had it at about .03 from memory. Just trying it now .50 which is the default setting isn't too bad. I think the default used to be higher than that as I'm remembering whole numbers as the default.

Sub D is done by selecting the item in the scene tab and using the triangle menu to convert to subD. It won't work with items that already have more than one level of subD in the parameters tab though but you could try moving it to a higher setting.

What you're seeing around the wrists looks to be the displacement ripping it apart you can stop that by either creating a displacement map and having a neutral gray(mid or 50) on those areas.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Better Sleeper.jpg Blurred the cuffs and collar some, set the Shader Rate to .50, didn't seem to make a difference on the fineness of the "fur", but the edges look like binding now! Going to try the SubD thing next.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, when I do the Geometry editing, it says that the forearm is already converted. So, I guess that won't work for this item. But, I'm fairly happy with my results currently. Any other Advice/ideas?