• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Closely Guarded Secret

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Doug Hunter for some reason when I first came to this thread I only saw the notes about the Poser 13 newsletter and not the first few posts about your Super-Hero families for Dawn 2. I just became aware of those. Those look fantastic. I apologize for what I now see was thread-jacking to respond to news of Poser 13, as I had thought that was what the closely Guarded secret was about. I will refrain from adding further.

I do hope you continue to develop your Super-Hero outfits for Dusk and Dawn. Have you considered making more "Generic" costume pieces and kits for Dusk and Dawn to market as products? Those would be welcome I am sure.

unreal

Noteworthy
Poser is probably the only software I would consider having on subscription as, even when real life gets in the way, I doubt there is a month that goes by without me using Poser at some point. I did have a subscription with Vue way back but it's use was secondary to Poser and I felt guilty each month I paid the subscription but did not use it as it seemed such a waste.

I have updated Poser 12 on a regular basis as I run a fair few of the scripts from Ken 1171 designs and most need the latest version to work. The scripts are important to me as I lost so many scripts with the move to Poser 12 thanks to the use of python 3.
If they went subscription, it would be over for me. I don't subscribe.

Hornet3d

Wise
If they went subscription, it would be over for me. I don't subscribe.

I can understand that, Poser would be the exception for me as I use it so much, other than that I have three other subscriptions, Game Pass for my X Box and Prime membership both on Amazon and Renderosity. I did have a subscription for Vue but could not justify it for the amount I used it. I do not subscribe to any streaming service, other than Amazon Prime but that is an add on as I mainly pay for it for the free next day delivery.

The ideal for me would be the option for both all out purchase and subscription as, long as there was a monthly subscription available, as that allows users who could not find the initial lump sum to buy into the software.

unreal

Noteworthy
"With Poser 13, you can now set up your own start-up scene, complete with your favorite figures, props, and settings."
Yeah, not a new feature, this has been available since Poser 7.

"We've added support for more remote rendering services including GPU-based remote render nodes."
But now Queue manager seats count against your license and if you want more than two render nodes you need to buy more seats.

I hardly call reorganized content a "Feature". Still no Micro-poly support in Superfly so still useless to me.

I am very disappointed in this long hyped upgrade. I will not be upgrading to 13 even if I get my computer issues resolved and get back to 3D.
But it does include a port of CyclesX, no?

My wishlist is complete cycles node support. And the "spike in the endzone" is the ability to at least *use* materials made for Blender CyclesX.

It would also be nice if their Metal support (for rendering) was as good as Blender. Which isn't awesome. But is coming along.

How cool would it be that Poser actually outputs render files that Blender Cycles could also render. That would be ginormous!

Also, superhero costumes are fab. The aquapeople is especially eye catching!

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
@Doug Hunter for some reason when I first came to this thread I only saw the notes about the Poser 13 newsletter and not the first few posts about your Super-Hero families for Dawn 2. I just became aware of those. Those look fantastic. I apologize for what I now see was thread-jacking to respond to news of Poser 13, as I had thought that was what the closely Guarded secret was about. I will refrain from adding further.

I do hope you continue to develop your Super-Hero outfits for Dusk and Dawn. Have you considered making more "Generic" costume pieces and kits for Dusk and Dawn to market as products? Those would be welcome I am sure.

Hmm, something weird with the opening of this thread.
I didn’t start this thread.

Those Superhero outfits for Dawn 2.0, Dusk and Baby Luna were posted to my “Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)” page.
I don’t even think that renders of Dawn 2.0 would be allowed here.

Alisa will have to attend to this :rolleyes:

Nod

Adventurous
I can understand that, Poser would be the exception for me as I use it so much, other than that I have three other subscriptions, Game Pass for my X Box and Prime membership both on Amazon and Renderosity. I did have a subscription for Vue but could not justify it for the amount I used it. I do not subscribe to any streaming service, other than Amazon Prime but that is an add on as I mainly pay for it for the free next day delivery.

The ideal for me would be the option for both all out purchase and subscription as, long as there was a monthly subscription available, as that allows users who could not find the initial lump sum to buy into the software.
Xbox* and Amazon Prime are entirely different things to software, though.
I also had Vue. I had the midrange version of Vue 10 with some of the plugins, which I paid for outright. But I uninstalled it as my machine at the time was starting to show its age. When I went to reinstall it recently, I found out that it wouldn't even install, as it had been disabled! So e-on software basically robbed me of over £300!
Other than that, not everyone has the money to rent their software in the first place, it could be a gift. With a full copy, at least they can use the software without having to worry about finding the money for the subscription every month. They'd only have to worry about an upgrade, and even then, only if they wanted one.

*Do you ever go on No Man's Sky?

Hornet3d

Wise
Xbox* and Amazon Prime are entirely different things to software, though.
I also had Vue. I had the midrange version of Vue 10 with some of the plugins, which I paid for outright. But I uninstalled it as my machine at the time was starting to show its age. When I went to reinstall it recently, I found out that it wouldn't even install, as it had been disabled! So e-on software basically robbed me of over £300!
Other than that, not everyone has the money to rent their software in the first place, it could be a gift. With a full copy, at least they can use the software without having to worry about finding the money for the subscription every month. They'd only have to worry about an upgrade, and even then, only if they wanted one.

*Do you ever go on No Man's Sky?
Don't get me wrong, I do not like the idea of subscription and would normally stay well clear of subscriptions for anything, Poser would be an exception though I would still go down the outright purchase route if it were an option.

When not in the Poser world I can often be found stumbling around No Man's Sky.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
So what ever happened to:
"The figure to be included as a Default Scene for Poser 13 is still a closely guarded secret."
The only figure I see there is Andy.

Where's the SECRET?
Are we supposed to download something?

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Oh, I see:
We are happy to report that an exciting new figure is in the works for Poser 13 and will arrive soon with delivery accelerated by the new content creator tools. Watch the PoserSoftware newsletter in coming weeks for related announcements.

Well, "will arrive soon", Meaning not here yet, and you are just going to have to wait.
Now that sounds familiar :whistling:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
@Nod Did you get in touch with Ion about this? I'd contact them. If you paid for a full license they legally have to honor that!

randym77

Motivated
Yes, I was in a similar position. I contacted E-on and they gave me a download link for the last version of Vue I had paid for. They were really nice and accommodating.

Remember, they got hacked and were offline for a long time. Cornucopia3D went dark and never returned, and the main software site was gone for months. Basically, all the license servers, etc. were nuked. You have to contact them to download your old purchases, but I've found them very eager to help if you do that.

randym77

Motivated
So what ever happened to:
"The figure to be included as a Default Scene for Poser 13 is still a closely guarded secret."
The only figure I see there is Andy.

Where's the SECRET?
Are we supposed to download something?

You download the free content that comes with Poser separately. You can either download it from the Poser Software web site, or you can use the "Purchases" tab inside Poser to automatically download and install the content.

This only works if you buy Poser and have a serial. The free trial version doesn't come with content (except Andy, lol). For obvious reasons: there's no way to keep people from using content after the trial period is over.

The new figure is supposed to be available in few weeks. I assume it's not unimesh, since they were unable to get unimesh into Poser 13 in time.

They've made improvements to Firefly in Poser 13, not just Superfly. It's much faster now. I still prefer Firefly, so that's good news for me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Poser 13 is what Poser 12 should have been. I find Poser 12 very buggy for my work so I only content create in Poser 11 and 13 now. I'm actually tempted to uninstall Poser 12 as it's of no use to me with all those bugs. If you are a content creator remember you can make stuff in Poser 13 and have it open up fine in Poser 11 as long as you know it SHOULD work. Just open up the files like CR2's and the like in a Notepad and change the version number from 13 to 11. As for the build I've found by removing that line it doesn't really balk at that being missing. Then just resave the file, keep it open in the Notepad but then go to Poser 11 and try to open the file. Should work fine. There are SOME material files that may not work right like if you are trying to make a material file that has the new Cycles added in with the PrincipledBsdf and I think there were a couple more added in to Poser 12 and 13 that will not be available in Poser 11 so there's that to consider!