• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Closely Guarded Secret

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Here's one that will be part of my next Renderosity Free Stuff;

1653543134907.png

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
That brings us up to half a dozen of my "Dawn 2.0 Superhero Families" - awaiting her big release day.

I was wondering whether this may be enough :unsure:
I do have another half a dozen other families all ready and done.
Any thoughts?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From Poser email:

"We've also made some changes to the Poser installer in Poser 13. The installer is now smaller and more streamlined, making it faster and easier to install Poser on your computer. The Core Content (La Femme figure, etc) that increased the download size of the previous installer has now been moved into Included Content and is now available to download/install on demand inside the app. The figure to be included as a Default Scene for Poser 13 is still a closely guarded secret."

Any guesses?

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
No unimesh support for creators. From the newsletter:

"Despite the many requests we've received, end-to-end support for unimesh figures will not be included in the initial Poser 13 release. We understand that this may be disappointing to content creators looking to seamlessly interchange data with other 3D design tools."

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
"With Poser 13, you can now set up your own start-up scene, complete with your favorite figures, props, and settings."
Yeah, not a new feature, this has been available since Poser 7.

"We've added support for more remote rendering services including GPU-based remote render nodes."
But now Queue manager seats count against your license and if you want more than two render nodes you need to buy more seats.

I hardly call reorganized content a "Feature". Still no Micro-poly support in Superfly so still useless to me.

I am very disappointed in this long hyped upgrade. I will not be upgrading to 13 even if I get my computer issues resolved and get back to 3D.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@parkdalegardener also wanted to point out Cycles can support Micropoly Displacement and Adaptive Subdivision, and it does in blender (it was a very much requested feature too) so this is something that could likely be implimented in Superfly. When Superfly was first indtroduced this was a turn off to many people and it was said that adding it would be looked into - that was many years ago and many versions ago and it still has gone nowhere.

Nod

Adventurous
I found that GPU render times on P12 kill P11 (justified by that alone)
And P13 is set to be a further improvement on P12.

Good to see you here again Nod :cool:
I don't use Poser to render, I use it to set up scenes. I then port them into Carrara, as I have the Octane plugin for it. And having a fancy render engine is pointless, if the cloth room in Poser is still as average as the current one. Let's be honest here, DForce makes clothes and hair look a lot more realistic.
Other than that, I've never been away. :ninja:

Nod

Adventurous
I am still up for upgrading to Poser 13 providing they do not go silly with the upgrade price.
There were mumblings at Renderosity that it was going to go down the subscription route, as folk were asked what they thought of the idea on the official FB page. That would kill it for me, as I buy software. I don't rent it.
As it is, I hardly use Poser 12, as I mostly use Poser 11 to set up my scenes and then port them over to P12 on my megabeast if there are any features on that which I want to use, which is rarely. I usually port the scene into Carrara, as I have the Octane plugin for that. So again, a fancy update to Superfly in P13 isn't making me want to get it.
I've not even updated P12 in ages, so it's probably a couple of patches behind the current version as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
There were mumblings at Renderosity that it was going to go down the subscription route, as folk were asked what they thought of the idea on the official FB page. That would kill it for me, as I buy software. I don't rent it.
As it is, I hardly use Poser 12, as I mostly use Poser 11 to set up my scenes and then port them over to P12 on my megabeast if there are any features on that which I want to use, which is rarely. I usually port the scene into Carrara, as I have the Octane plugin for that. So again, a fancy update to Superfly in P13 isn't making me want to get it.
I've not even updated P12 in ages, so it's probably a couple of patches behind the current version as well.

Poser is probably the only software I would consider having on subscription as, even when real life gets in the way, I doubt there is a month that goes by without me using Poser at some point. I did have a subscription with Vue way back but it's use was secondary to Poser and I felt guilty each month I paid the subscription but did not use it as it seemed such a waste.

I have updated Poser 12 on a regular basis as I run a fair few of the scripts from Ken 1171 designs and most need the latest version to work. The scripts are important to me as I lost so many scripts with the move to Poser 12 thanks to the use of python 3.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It is not helping Poser any that I keep getting newsletter after newsletter full of Genesis only content from Renderosity despite having unsubscribed from the DS newsletters. This is only going to convince people that Poser 13 is not viable as it does not support Genesis and Renderosity is pushing content for a rival software more than for it's own. I tried addressing this disparity with renderosity but instead was lectured on available content and vedor support and not forcing vendors - which wasn't my point. A Community newsletter should be balanced for both softwares at the very least. I just received yet another that is entirely Genesis content (not one thing for Poser) which has resulted in me finally just unsubscribing from Renderosity newsletters completely. Sadly I am not optimistic about Posers longevity.

DanaTA

Distinguished
In the newsletters I get, I sometimes see things for LaFemme and L'Homme. Sometimes for Dawn, but not often. but yeah, Genesis 9 has been making its way into the offerings, too. But, if that's what the vendors are mostly creating for, what can they do? The vendors are not employees, so they can't force them to create things for only their models.

Dana