• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Closely Guarded Secret

Hornet3d

Wise
I did not have any real issues with Poser 12 but that said, apart from a little kit bashing I did not use it for content creation. Not that I doubt you because someone else who I have some contact with used it for content creation also claimed it was unusable for the purpose.

unreal

Noteworthy
I found 12 to be buggier as well. It seems to be OK to use as a consumer, as the bugs seem to affect content creation tools the most. But that was the first release for Rendo, right? Reconstituted dev team? It was relatively stable considering :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Poser 13 is what Poser 12 should have been. I find Poser 12 very buggy for my work so I only content create in Poser 11 and 13 now. I'm actually tempted to uninstall Poser 12 as it's of no use to me with all those bugs. If you are a content creator remember you can make stuff in Poser 13 and have it open up fine in Poser 11 as long as you know it SHOULD work. Just open up the files like CR2's and the like in a Notepad and change the version number from 13 to 11. As for the build I've found by removing that line it doesn't really balk at that being missing. Then just resave the file, keep it open in the Notepad but then go to Poser 11 and try to open the file. Should work fine. There are SOME material files that may not work right like if you are trying to make a material file that has the new Cycles added in with the PrincipledBsdf and I think there were a couple more added in to Poser 12 and 13 that will not be available in Poser 11 so there's that to consider!
I found 12 somewhat buggy too. Crashing from time to time. 11 won't do weight mapping so I do that in 12.

I do my editing in 11 using Netherworks scripts.

Hornet3d

Wise
I found 12 somewhat buggy too. Crashing from time to time. 11 won't do weight mapping so I do that in 12.

I do my editing in 11 using Netherworks scripts.

I used to love the Netherworks scripts and had a bunch of them which were sadly missed in 12 until Ken1171_designs came up with a few that replaced them for 12 and few more besides. Happily they also work in 13 so I have a bunch of those scripts now.

unreal

Noteworthy
I don't know. That's why a repo would be nice :D

Often, methods used to do something in one script can be used in another, to do something else. Little techniques like using an XYZ tuple as a dict key. Makes things like mesh symmetry stuff very quick and easy. Tricks with precision (dec v. int) that can make things much faster and more accurate. Anything to do with a GUI (the dark arts).

unreal

Noteworthy
Well, we're almost 3 weeks into May. 2023. There hasn't been a peep about Dawn 2 in over a month. Chris started the D2 thread in 2019. A global pandemic came and went since then o_O There were nice renders, morphs, etc. Chatter from people having fun with the unreleased D2.

Over a month ago, P13 was released for Windows. Lots of chatter. Nice renders. But not yet for Mac and not a word about it except "we're working hard on it".

Seriously, people. Would really like to feel "in the loop". The whole "mums the word" thing really turns me off to the Poser world. I try to stay engaged. Enthusiastic. But...

I just don't get that sort of thing over in Blender. It's really a nice communications pipeline into what's going on. Nightly builds. Developer blogs. A published development path with updates. Product manager videos with updates.

Yes, I know, you can't compare the P and D2 dev teams. But it makes it so much easier to 1) contribute. and 2) maintain enthusiasm.

The silence... The waits with nothing. Not a scrap of information... it makes it very difficult to consider investing (money or time). Money, there's nothing new. Time. There's this feeling of "on life support" Like any release could be the last release. Certainly for Mac (my platform). Sorry to complain. But really feeling a sense of "who cares?"

I'm sure there are good reasons for things being the way they are. But I don't know. And THAT is my issue. Information is free.