• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Cheongsam Dress for Dawn

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It has to be designed with a single solid group for the part you want to make dynamic, and most dresses don't do that. This is why I've mentioned this dress was designed especially to allow this functionality. I think it is only possible with weight mapped dresses and skirts. I think legacy Poser/DS grouping requires split groups for the legs and hip, and this will not work for semi-conforming. My other dress for Dawn, the "laced sundress" was also especially designed for semi-conforming, and it works well with a that because the grouping was meant for it.

Check if your dress has that kind of grouping at the bottom. If not, you would have to redo the grouping and rig it again. The rigging can be made easier if you transfer the weight from the old to the new version, but differences in vertex count and order will introduce some spikes that need to be smoothed out. An easier way would be to convert the dress figure into a prop and run the whole thing as dynamic. That would be quicker, but you have to make sure all groups are welded. You can do that in Poser with the Grouping Tool. :)
Well, since I didn't create it, I'm not sure I'd want to go through all that, but it's certainly something to think about if I ever decide to do a hybrid dynamic from one of my own dresses. Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to be making notes. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Completed internal beta-testing, and submitted to HW QAV today. ^___^

ADS_Homepage_368x160.jpg

ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg

ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
HW has informed me that the Cheongsam dress submission has been accepted into the QAV process today. From this point, it usually takes about a week to process. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
YAY! Saw your post in the other thread, and hoping it's by the end of the week, or next Monday the latest. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Usually that's the case, but I've heard whispers that QAV can be verrrrry picky. Knowing you though, I'm sure it's perfect. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Alisa has notified me today of 2 things:

1. So far nothing was found that needs fixing, which is always good news.
2. The materials won't work with Poser 9, which is not so great.

I have used "compound shader nodes", which were introduced in Poser 10/PP2014, and won't work in Poser 9/PP2012. We have then changed the base compatibility to Poser 10 and up. The dress will still work with P9/PP2012, but the materials won't.

I could simply ungroup all the shaders and make them compatible with P9, but then editing them would not be as easy as I shown in the video tutorial. I will be using these kinds of versatile materials in my future products, and I have already used them in older ones, such as "The Adventurer" for Dusk and "CatsEyes" for Sora. That's what drove me to move forwards and keep the compound nodes, which means the product will be compatible with Poser 10+/PP2014+.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have PP11, as well as P9, so not a problem for me. Of course, it might give me the option of creating my own textures for P9. ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
Alisa has notified me today of 2 things:

1. So far nothing was found that needs fixing, which is always good news.
2. The materials won't work with Poser 9, which is not so great.

I have used "compound shader nodes", which were introduced in Poser 10/PP2014, and won't work in Poser 9/PP2012. We have then changed the base compatibility to Poser 10 and up. The dress will still work with P9/PP2012, but the materials won't.

I could simply ungroup all the shaders and make them compatible with P9, but then editing them would not be as easy as I shown in the video tutorial. I will be using these kinds of versatile materials in my future products, and I have already used them in older ones, such as "The Adventurer" for Dusk and "CatsEyes" for Sora. That's what drove me to move forwards and keep the compound nodes, which means the product will be compatible with Poser 10+/PP2014+.

Has it been tested for Poser Pro 11?