• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Change of Spending Habits

Hornet3d

Wise
Well this one does not say dwarves to me as much as shout it.

Iron Forge Melting Shop HW.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Right now Kitbash3D is having a 50% off sale for anyone interested in picking up a kit.
If I hadn't already spent my budget for the year I'd grab a couple more kits.

Hornet3d

Wise
Right now Kitbash3D is having a 50% off sale for anyone interested in picking up a kit.
If I hadn't already spent my budget for the year I'd grab a couple more kits.

I am in the same boat, in fact I have even pinched a bit from my 2024 hobby fund to buy Iron Forge.

Hornet3d

Wise
Turned out to be a sale to good to miss, I could not afford a normal sized kit but the Medieval Market is going to keep me busy for a while.

BldgLG I.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Turned out to be a sale to good to miss, I could not afford a normal sized kit but the Medieval Market is going to keep me busy for a while.
Oh that's definitely looking useful. Can't wait to see what you come up with. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh that's definitely looking useful. Can't wait to see what you come up with. ;)

It is slightly different to the other kits in that there are 201 models with 17 materials which, in most cases that would be around 20 large, small and medium buildings. In this kit there are 32 tent groupings and while not of the grandeur of the buildings it does give quite a variety and has the potential to create a number of markets. The other props supplied includes barrels, carts, tables, boxes, sacks and so on which allows further variety. It shows great potential and with the 50% sale the price is $49.50 which is why a broke the bank to buy it. Hopefully I can recoup the money next year when the kit will keep me too busy to visit the marketplace.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Fantastic Hornet! I'm loving it, and really can see the potential this kit has! :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Well with the event that is due to happen at the end of next month all sorted, financially at least, I found a few pounds still in the budget, worrying really as I never usually underspend. Having afforded a pre event present for my wife, the remainder was soon sorted with yet another early present for me.

The SpaceShips now joins the collections.

SoaceShip B HW.jpg

Although very different in style to the Medieval Market, the set up is similar in that there are 10 prebuild ships but the rest of the 118 models are all varying sizes of props to modify or build your own ships. Just like the Market I can see great potential here and I am really looking forward to my Poser playing in 2024.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had hoped I might be able to grab another kit or two, but my car's in the shop, and my oven broke yesterday, so no hope of that now.

I did finally get around to reinstalling Carrara 8 on my current machine, and hope to install Blender in the next day or two, so I can start converting the sets I do have to use them. First I really need to finish some work I promised for someone else that is taking me too long.

@Hornet3d Does that road/highway kit have proper on/off ramps? I ask because I have several road and highway sets for poser and none of them have proper on/off ramps - I am forced to improvise.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had hoped I might be able to grab another kit or two, but my car's in the shop, and my oven broke yesterday, so no hope of that now.

I did finally get around to reinstalling Carrara 8 on my current machine, and hope to install Blender in the next day or two, so I can start converting the sets I do have to use them. First I really need to finish some work I promised for someone else that is taking me too long.

@Hornet3d Does that road/highway kit have proper on/off ramps? I ask because I have several road and highway sets for poser and none of them have proper on/off ramps - I am forced to improvise.

Sorry to hear about the car.

My initial response was that I could not afford any more kits at this time and, if I am honest, that is till the situation and the finances have not changed massively, what has changed is life I guess. Basically having had type 2 diabetes for twenty years or more and I am beginning to feel the impact of such making me less active. More recently my father in law is 90 next birthday and his health is also failing, if fact he is back in hospital at the moment. Understandably this is taking up more and more of my wife's time leaving me on my own when we normally spend lots of our time as a couple. I have many faults but failing, maybe my biggest failing is I cannot handle boredom so the purchases are more a weapon against boredom. Now I can remain occupied in 2024 which has the signs me having more time on my hands than 2023.

The kit has a Highway Exit which is a dual lane intersection with on and off ramps on both sides which drop to the lower level and the kit has the items to create a road network on that lower level. There are also various ramps, straight and curved down to the lower level. I plan to convert the Exit intersection in the next day or so, I will add a render here when complete.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d I am sorry to hear about the health issues you and your family are experiencing, thou I feel I can empathize to some extent. I certainly understand the boredom issues.

Thank you for the promo shots. That second one is like what I am looking for. I may have to try to scrape up enough for that kit.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d I am sorry to hear about the health issues you and your family are experiencing, thou I feel I can empathize to some extent. I certainly understand the boredom issues.

Thank you for the promo shots. That second one is like what I am looking for. I may have to try to scrape up enough for that kit.

Thank you for your thoughts and no problems with the promos. One of the reasons I grabbed Highways is that, once this sale is over, it may be quite a while before the smaller kits go on sale again.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have decided I am done with Kitbash 3D, and this was unfortunately after spending substantial money on numerous kits. I am concerned at the complete lack of customer support options and the failure of their representatives to respond to numerous tech support requests for their Cargo application over the past 10 days. Very disappointed and frustrated. Making the kits One huge project that has to be cut apart is a pain, and I was hoping to use Cargo to export just the models needed one at a time but it will not connect or log in, and Kitbash tech support has only sent a one line response telling me to uninstall re-download and reinstall Cargo - which is not helpful. Since then, they have just ignored my efforts to get assistance.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have decided I am done with Kitbash 3D, and this was unfortunately after spending substantial money on numerous kits. I am concerned at the complete lack of customer support options and the failure of their representatives to respond to numerous tech support requests for their Cargo application over the past 10 days. Very disappointed and frustrated. Making the kits One huge project that has to be cut apart is a pain, and I was hoping to use Cargo to export just the models needed one at a time but it will not connect or log in, and Kitbash tech support has only sent a one line response telling me to uninstall re-download and reinstall Cargo - which is not helpful. Since then, they have just ignored my efforts to get assistance.
I am really sorry to here about the lack of customer service you have experienced, if you are paying top money for the kits you have a right to expect a level of customer service that is of a high standard. Such a shame they should make if difficult for customers when they have so much to offer. Sadly, poor customer service seems the norm here in the UK and tragically it is getting worse not better.

I have had issues with logging into the the Cargo application on occasions and all my recent purchases have been using my normal log in rather than Cargo. For me Cargo was of limited of use as a free application and there was no way I was ever going to justify the purchase of a Cargo subscription so it is not a major issue for me. In addition to that, even with a big increase in my 3D art budget, there are only about 3 more kits I would want to own so, with the exception of possible new kits, my list of wanted/ owned kits may be finished on 2024.

At present I am still heavily in to converting the kits I have from blender to Poser props, the buildings and large groups are not an issue but the massive amounts of props are time consuming. On the other hand, there is so much there that I can use in my non kit bash renders, for example the crates, wooden boxes, wagons and other such props included in the Enchanted kit have so much potential in my general medieval renders. For them to be of real use however, I need them ready to use as I build a scene hence the need to convert each individual prop.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
While I have all of the kits downloaded, the issues for me is that loading any one of them into Carara or Blender as the huge project they are brings my machine to a crawl. I am also not extremely familiar with either program (had intended to use Carara more but never did and haven't really had time to learn blender). So cutting and exporting the individual buildings is tiresome. Time I spend figuring it out is time I am not working on other aspects of my projects, or making products for Poser to try to put into the market, or making art, and it just seems I have so little time and energy for these things these days. I had hoped to use Cargo's fre4e version to manage the kits I have as it's advertising indicates I could select individual pieces to just load into Blender and then export for conversion. But if it wont log in it wont see my kits...and if they are not providing tech support because I don't have a paid subscription (which is what I suspect) they will learn this will drive away potential Cargo customers as well as customers licensing actual kits. Large sets I have acquired elsewhere (Turbosquid and Foundation3d when it still was around) had each building and prop as a separate OBJ (as it should be in my opinion).

As to customer service, sadly it has become pretty abysmal over here in the states too. Not every company, there are still some good ones, but the vast majority seem dead set on antagonizing and abusing their customer base these days, or making it so difficult to reach customer service that most customers just give up. It is horrible that this is the where the turning of the world is taking us all.

Though, what do I know. I am just a worn out old artist growing bitter by the day it seems.

Maybe, someday, you might be willing to talk me through steps in blender? Perhaps there is some arcane knowledge I have of Poser, Photoshop, After Effects, or Lightwave you might want to learn in trade? Or general filmography and practical effects?

Hornet3d

Wise
While I have all of the kits downloaded, the issues for me is that loading any one of them into Carara or Blender as the huge project they are brings my machine to a crawl. I am also not extremely familiar with either program (had intended to use Carara more but never did and haven't really had time to learn blender). So cutting and exporting the individual buildings is tiresome. Time I spend figuring it out is time I am not working on other aspects of my projects, or making products for Poser to try to put into the market, or making art, and it just seems I have so little time and energy for these things these days. I had hoped to use Cargo's fre4e version to manage the kits I have as it's advertising indicates I could select individual pieces to just load into Blender and then export for conversion. But if it wont log in it wont see my kits...and if they are not providing tech support because I don't have a paid subscription (which is what I suspect) they will learn this will drive away potential Cargo customers as well as customers licensing actual kits. Large sets I have acquired elsewhere (Turbosquid and Foundation3d when it still was around) had each building and prop as a separate OBJ (as it should be in my opinion).

As to customer service, sadly it has become pretty abysmal over here in the states too. Not every company, there are still some good ones, but the vast majority seem dead set on antagonizing and abusing their customer base these days, or making it so difficult to reach customer service that most customers just give up. It is horrible that this is the where the turning of the world is taking us all.

Though, what do I know. I am just a worn out old artist growing bitter by the day it seems.

Maybe, someday, you might be willing to talk me through steps in blender? Perhaps there is some arcane knowledge I have of Poser, Photoshop, After Effects, or Lightwave you might want to learn in trade? Or general filmography and practical effects?
Sorry I wrote a multi paragraph reply to this and some how either the internet of my system lost it so I am not going to try again.

Just to say that I am not a Blender expert but then I only use Blender to do the Wavefront.obj conversion, all the rest is done in Poser. If you, or anyone else is interested, I can give a detailed blow by blow of my methods but they are very basic and I am sure others could come up with a better process. If I do it I will write it in a text document and cut and paste though.