• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Change of Spending Habits

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d I wish I had the spare funds for the current B3G3 sale over at Kitbash3d - that would almost get all of the kits on my priority list. Then just need to invest time in converting them.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d I wish I had the spare funds for the current B3G3 sale over at Kitbash3d - that would almost get all of the kits on my priority list. Then just need to invest time in converting them.
Yes I saw that and had a three or four minute dream before reality hit, six kits would clear my Kitbash wish list and keep me busy during the winter months but even I cannot justify that at present.

Hornet3d

Wise
Different Kit from KitBash this time it is Future Warfare, kit has 21 building and props as shown here.

Props Left HW.jpg

Props Centre HW.jpg

Props Right. HWjpg.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was still in the middle of finding the requirements for her upcoming adventure and the Amphorae would be one more item of the list, in fact she could do with a few, but not at this price. Time to venture inside the inn and see how much she could drive down the price.

Amphorae Shopping HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
After a lot of hunting and deliberation, Caoimhe decided that the clock tower was the bast place to observe the comings and goings from and to the town.

Clock Tower HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
This is the council building which is one of the large buildings in the kit.

Council Building HW.jpg

To give an idea of the size, here is a couple of close ups of the figure that can just about be seen on the lower walkway and is just below the left of the right tower.

Council Building Scale HW.jpg

Council Building Scale 2 HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
This set really makes me think about Tolkien's dwarves.
I had a similar feeling when I first saw the kit and once I have converted the buildings to Poser I want to look into that a little more. The fact I could see a number of immediate uses was one of the reasons I splashed out on the kit. When I showed my wife (I always consult her before outlaying such a large amount on the hobbies) she loved the set and her comment was "it looks like it was produced by a team well versed in the Lord of the Rings".

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Looking good. I still need to unpack and convert a number of packs myself.

Terre

Renowned
I had a similar feeling when I first saw the kit and once I have converted the buildings to Poser I want to look into that a little more. The fact I could see a number of immediate uses was one of the reasons I splashed out on the kit. When I showed my wife (I always consult her before outlaying such a large amount on the hobbies) she loved the set and her comment was "it looks like it was produced by a team well versed in the Lord of the Rings".
So several of us are seeing it the same way. LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
Looking good. I still need to unpack and convert a number of packs myself.
With this latest kit I now have eight in my Kitbash collection and, with the exception of this kit, all the buildings have been converted. I tend not to convert the addons in a block and just converted them when I have a need for them.

Hornet3d

Wise
So several of us are seeing it the same way. LOL
Small sample but yes there is a theme. Kitbash issued follow up newsletter to accompany the new kit which went behind the scenes and spoke to some of the individuals who created the kit and many spoke of 'dwarven ingenuity' so clearly the aim was there from the start.