• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

Dan30

Adventurous
As my water project is nearing completion, I thought I should post this render showcasing the shore foam layer (on water and beach) I worked a lot at and of which I am particularly pleased of how it turned out. Hope you like it too!
(For those of you who did not follow my thread in the Commons, a modular tileable sloping beach with dune morphs and seabed will be included) Thank you for viewing.
Coming Ashore - Following The Ancestral Conditioning
upload_2019-6-12_15-55-51.jpeg

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you everyone. Comments like these are always fueling my drive to push on. Please allow me to show you some real life pictures of turtles in the water. What we all do when creating CG imagery is we think we know how things should look like. But actually, I learned they do not always look how we imagine. That's why it is always a good idea to study reference images.
upload_2019-6-12_22-31-16.jpeg

upload_2019-6-12_22-31-38.jpeg

upload_2019-6-12_22-31-57.jpeg

As you can see, the surface part of these turtles do not appear to look so wet.
But I agree with you, the turtle in my image could have been a little wetter looking.
Anyway, the idea was to showcase the water, not the turtle.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think the turtle needed to look dripping wet, but a lit bit of a shine on his shell would've given the idea he had been in the water.

Szark

Awesome
Dan it wasn't my intention to rip it to bits but just to point out some detail that was missing just to make a awesome image so much better and more realistic to match the water. Why, because the water looked so amazing I felt the turtle let it down but yes it is all about the water. I always reference real photos when making my realistic images and being detail oriented the turtle did stand out. That first photo is what I had in mind when I made the comment without even referencing photos. :p

Dan30

Adventurous
Dan it wasn't my intention to rip it to bits but just to point out some detail that was missing just to make a awesome image so much better and more realistic to match the water. Why, because the water looked so amazing I felt the turtle let it down but yes it is all about the water. I always reference real photos when making my realistic images and being detail oriented the turtle did stand out. That first photo is what I had in mind when I made the comment without even referencing photos. :p
No worries Szark. I did not regard your comments as malicious at all. And besides, I always welcome any constructive critique and any debates upon the matters. I wish to see more of those more frequently expressed as I think this is a faster way to improve as a digital artist...and not only.
So the purpose of my post today is to show the final stage of my water project, the shore module. If this will go well, I intend to also make a deep-sea dark waters module and a stormy sea to complement it all.
Did additional and final work on the sea water pane on the beach and the foam blend. Initially was just foam on wet sand. Now the water pane is reflective and I think everything is even more realistic as a whole. This stage is therefore a wrap for the intended shore module. I hope you like it and for whoever was or might be interested in this product, thank you for your patience.

upload_2019-6-18_16-10-31.jpeg

Szark

Awesome
Thx Dan for replying. That is how I look at things.

So this will only be the shore module. I think that is a great idea splitting it up like that. I for one will buy any product that looks that good and those are far a few between these days. I mean environments wise. I will buy this but my main interest is for the underwater module.

Dan30

Adventurous
Thx Dan for replying. That is how I look at things.

So this will only be the shore module. I think that is a great idea splitting it up like that. I for one will buy any product that looks that good and those are far a few between these days. I mean environments wise. I will buy this but my main interest is for the underwater module.
Thank you Szark, but I think you misunderstood that module splitting part. There is no separate underwater module as the underwater effects, meaning caustics, light rays and volumetrics are integral and part of the water I developed. It will be present in each and every module that I create. The reason I gave this first one the name shore module is because it has an additional sea tile that is meant to be used in conjunction with the beach and seabed I created and which contains this foam that everyone seems to appreciate. The shore module has also a water tile which interconnects with the far end of the beach tile and in any other direction one may want, which contains foam only on the crest of the waves. So this entire thing, along with rendering presets, shader presets , different tile grouping presets and an example basic scene will be all part of the shore module.
Due to the large amount of work and fine tuning required in creating these modules, especially the realistic foam blending and the fact that interested people are eager to see it released (including myself) I decided to add the rest of the modules after the initial launch as an add-on, thus adding more choice flexibility for the interested customers who will be able to purchase according to their particular needs. The subsequent modules will not depend on the first one to work. They will simply expand the possibilities.
I hope this makes it clear as to how this product is conceived and planned for further development.