• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-9 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Body Type-9 for Dawn~ (Poser+DS)

Have been working on a brand new and original body sculpt for DawnSE. She is slender, with small breasts.

Promo00_1000x1300.jpg

Here's the 3 views:

Promo01_600x800.jpg

This is how she compares with the default DawnSE. She is a little shorter.

Promo02_600x800.jpg

She has small breasts, but we can mix and match any of the available breast sizes from DawnSE. Below is an example with "BreastLarge4" dialed to "1.0".

Promo03_600x800.jpg

This is now in internal Poser and DS testing phase. Seems to be working fine. It has only 2 JCMs, but might need a couple more on the thighs. Works great with "Narrow Shoulders" and "Perfect Pelvis".

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YES!! I have several of your Body Types, but I am so glad to see you work out a "slim" character for Dawn. She's looking good Ken. :D

BTW, I assume her pretty face is one of your "sculpts" as well? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Miss B! The face is just mix & match DawnSE's dials. Nothing custom, just plain dial up. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Had some trouble [again] making the morph injection created in Poser 11 to work in Poser 10. It appears that the major incompatibility is with the animatable origins required by the morph. Even Poser 11 option to export morph injections tends NOT to include the animatable origins. All of the scripts I have in Poser 10 do not include those. I first tried to hack the P11 files to include the animatable origins, but then they only work in P11, and not in P10. The issue was that the animatable origins created by P11 have no effect in P10 when it comes to morph injections.

The solution was to save the morph as a CR2 in P11, load it back in P10, save it back to the library in P10, and then manually convert it to a morph injection (P10 doesn't have this option), and then hack the file to manually include the animatable origins that were extracted from the P10 file. Only then the morph has worked in both P10 and P11.

It becomes evident that contents created in P11 are not compatible with P10. I can force the compatibility with the complex acrobatics described above, but I am not sure if that would work with other kinds of contents. This backwards incompatibility might be the result of SMS dismissing the original dev team and allowing newbies to mess with the code. That was precisely when this issue has started, so I am making an educated guess.

Unless Rendo fixes the issues, chances are that content creators might stop supporting P10, unless they create the contents using it. However, P10 has a number of serious bugs on the content creation tools that will never be fixed, so I don't even consider it viable. To mention a few, morph deletion in P10 can delete any number of random morphs in addition to those that are selected, so you don't know what you are actually deleting. Another serious one is that the Morphing Tool in P10 cannot be used to correct or create JCMs due to a bug that was only fixed in P11. There are many others, but these 2 are more than enough to dismiss it as a viable option. Chances are that Rendo will only maintain the current P11 version, so P10 might never be fixed.

I have managed to make this morph compatible with both P10 and P11, but this method only works with morph injections. I know the P11 files are also incompatible with P9 and P10 in other areas, like materials and skeletal joints. Having that said, I am not sure if HW still supports P10, but in light of these issues, it seems unrealistic to expect things to work there. It took me 2 days to get the P11 files to work in P10 using all sorts of hacks.

RobZhena

Adventurous
Looking great! Bondware is on full afterburners to get its version of Poser 11 Pro ready for general release, so now is probably not the time to raise this problem with them. But the new dev team is extremely responsive, so maybe in a couple months they’ll be shaking off the PTSD and ready to talk about a fix.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the feedback, Rob! I still have to figure out how to rejoin the Poser beta-testing team now that it has migrated from SMS to Rendo, so I can keep up with the progress and keep making contributions. Anyway, I have finished the Type9 JCMs for P10, P11 and DS 4.10, and now it's in internal beta.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They had a email out asking for early adopters a few weeks ago (I'm sure that's different to beta-testing tho)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
How to I contact Jenn? I have an account at RO, but didn't get the email. I assume we have to subscribe to something?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
not sure if it was in the normal emails I get from them or if its because I have a store there now. I think you should be able to log into rendo and send Jenn a PM?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hahaha Miss B, just a little while ago, it was a clothing texture set for LaFemme :D

RobZhena

Adventurous
You may still be able to at least join the early adopters. There’s a link on the Rendo blog page. Jenny is running the program, which is sort of son of beta.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
bugger, still might be worth PM's Jenn anyway (especially since you used to beta)