• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"BnB's Products at HiveWire 3D"

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Welcome Isymc to HiveWire
Is there a particular plant you are interested in? Please let me know and I will try to test it more in DAZ Studio.
Thanks Pendraia for helping!!

isymc

New-Bee
@Alisa, Miss B

Thanks for the welcome. Well, the forum categories are somewhat confusing at first glance ;)

@Pendraia

Thank you, that helped me alot. I can fix, tweak or create materials, that's not an issue. If a figure loads, moves and morphs as intended it's DS compatible for me.

@The Professor

Too late, Pendraia already sold them to me :D

If it comes to non-human figures you can simply replace 'which paticular one' with 'all'. Even the UNESCO is tending to add my runtime to the biosphere reserve list.

I love the promo animations, especially the Chephalotus one, but creating something like that is far beyond my skills.

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Thanks Isymc
Bryan and I are Long time animators and we hope to help fellow animators as much as we can.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

LOL!

Thanks for the welcome. Well, the forum categories are somewhat confusing at first glance ;)
I understand - always the case in a new place ! No worries - one of the Community Volunteers or I can move things so that they're in the best place to get the needed input if they're not there originally ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia

Thank you, that helped me alot. I can fix, tweak or create materials, that's not an issue. If a figure loads, moves and morphs as intended it's DS compatible for me.

@The Professor

No problem...don't forget that you will need to convert to triax for the morphs but that's an easy step. If you get stuck or need more info on how to do it feel free to pm me. I'm happy to help...or post a thread and then we'll have a record of how to do it for anyone else who needs help. I really love these plants Brett's been creating they remind me of the plants in Morrowind.

Bryan Steagall

New-Bee
Contributing Artist
Hi Everyone! This is Bryan, the other half of BNB, glad to see everyone is liking our products! To give a little description of what I do, I specialize in motion capture, both full body and facial mocap, and I have a little animation studio in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm a long time Poser user (back in Poser 5) and recently with Daz Studio, especially for character animation in other programs such as motionbuilder. If you need anything, just let me know!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hey, Bryan - good to see you here in the forums!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a quick note for DS users...bnb have updated their venus fly trap. I'm hoping to get a new cr2 to test today and I will post the results for DS users as soon as possible.

Edited to add: here is a render of a more recent version which will have only minor updates on the new cr2 that I'm waiting to have a look at.
It will load in flat in DS but if you click on the parameters tab and zero the figure it will stand up.

All of the Easy Pose dials work as long as you don't convert it to Weight Mapping. The linked morphs don't work and the ones under the Morph heading in the parameter tab that are greyed out I would ignore. You can get them to show by clicking on the Individual stem part in the scene tab but I haven't had a lot of success with dialing them.

Having said that the poses you need are all in the Easy Pose section. It will open/close, bend, twist and give you the prey morphs.
current venus flytrap.jpg

Last edited:

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne and Pen
I am happy to say the Venus Flytrap is in the store. Pen had mentioned the link morphs do not work. I probably should of hid those dials, but I do not like to do that,anyway,
the link morphs help to smooth out the mesh during opening and closing. In the tutorial I recommended not to use them, so I hope this helps.
Thanks Brett..........here is a Link to the tutorial If anyone wants to look at it
Venus FlyTrap

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Just to clarify Pen was doing Beta testing for me, she had a older CR2 what is in the Store is the current version. I gave her the new CR2 after her post.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...I did mention that there was a newer cr2. Just saw the email and I will have a play later this morning 5.46am here and I'm only up for Paul's webinar this morning.

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Hello Everyone
I have been working on The Hivewire Big Cat and Cub so they can talk. I am just finishing up the Emotion Dials, which I am making 2 Dials for each Emotion, such as
Angry Head and Angry Mouth. I am doing this so that there can be more control when animated, especially when animated to talk. I hope to be finished within 2 weeks.
This will be Poser Only using Talk Designer. Here is a short clip in a Portfolio I started for the Cats..... Thanks Brett
Big Cat and Cub