• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"BnB's Products at HiveWire 3D"

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Coming Soon! The Venus FlyTrap
Easy to Pose and Animate
Venus2.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
oooooh, good advice ;) He'd get swallowed up!!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, isn't that amazing?

Don't forget to look at the awesome promo videos BnB have done, which are on the product pages.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know, I grabbed the Sarra when I saw that render of them "talking". I got such a kick out that, I couldn't resist. :)

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Sarra and Cephy I tried to have the rigging to be compatible with Daz Studio,however,they would not be able to talk as Daz Studio uses Mimic and Daz does not support
Macintosh at this time. The new Venus Fly Trap has two Characters, one is a single trap that you can make your own group with, the second is a group of 6 traps that are parented
to one of the traps. Daz does not read it properly. So this means you could only use the single trap and would have to make your own group in Daz. It would be nice to have
all my plants to be compatible with Daz. So I would like to have a Daz expert that could help with this, so please let me know if any of you could help.
Thanks again
Brett

isymc

New-Bee
Why are these plants marked 'Poser only' ?

Does it mean 'use on your own risk' or is there a specific reason making them unusable in DS?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, isymc, and welcome to HiveWire!! I moved your question to the thread that the CAs started so that they can respond to this question :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi isymc, I have copies of some of these plants and the ones I have load okay in DS. The problem tends to be with the material settings needing adjustment. Unless there are DS specific materials it can't say that it works with DS but like many things it's often possible to use them with minor adjustments. Render in DS with default lighting...
Venus fly trap.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The Cobra Lily works okay if you convert it to weightmapping triax. Morphs work better if you do this. Mats seem to work also to apply textures but settings will need some adjustment. In particular the opacity....but these are loaded and rendered as in Iray and it's doing something to the transparency.
Cobra lily.jpg

Cobra lily red.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One last one in Iray no trans to show the morphs work once it's converted to weightmapping (triax)
no trans map in iray morphs test.jpg