• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Blender Help, Forums And Tutorial Links

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A couple of years ago I compiled a nice list of Blender related links for another forum where I was a moderator, and I thought I'd add them here for those who might be interested in learning how to use Blender.

First up - Blender Help:

Get Blender
Blender Manual/Wiki
Blender Basics eBook - Scroll down for a link to the 4th Edition (vers. 2.5 & 2.6). You can download the entire book, or by chapter.
The Cycles Shader Encyclopedia - Thanks to eclark1894 for this great resource.
Blender keyboard shortcuts and printable hotkey map - Thanks to Seliah (Childe of Fyre) for this helpful resource.

Next up - Blender Forums:

Blender.org User Communities List
CGSociety
Blender Artists
KatBits
Tutorialized
Blender Stack Exchange - A question and answer site for those using Blender to create 3D graphics, animations, or games.

Last, but not least - Blender Tutorials:

Blender Survival Guide
Blender Nation
Tutorialized
KatBits
CGCookie
Blender Mesh - Site hasn't been updated in a few years, but some nice tutorials.
CGTuts Plus
Blender Nerd
Blendtuts
3 Ways to Recover Lost Work in Blender - Thanks to eclark1894 for alerting us to this one.
Blender 3D: Noob_to_Pro - Thanks to TakeoKensei
Create-Clothing-Manikin_Doll-In-Blender - Thanks to Lobo3433 for this tutorial.

SickleYield's Modelling Clothing in Blender - Thanks to TMcG and Skylab for pointing these out to me.

Make Poser dynamic dress using Blender - Thanks to Lobo3433 for this link. There seems to be missing a step or 2 at the end, but one of the commenters adds them, so all is not lost.
Blender Tutorial For Beginners: Coffee Cup, Part 1
Blender Tutorial For Beginners: Coffee Cup, Part 2 - Thanks to Vaskania for this two part tutorial at YouTube.
Tama's Mesh Topics - Thanks to Chris Palomino for this list of Blender tutorials.
Baking colormaps with Blender for dDO - Thanks to Vaskania for this.
Getting objects from Blender to DS - Thanks go to Szark for this useful find.
Create A 3D Floor Plan Model From An Architectural Schematic In Blender - I found this one while looking through my bookmarks.
Darrin Lile's Character Creation Video Series - Thanks to Lianam for this great find.
Evermotion Blender Tutorials
CG Masters Blender Tutorials
5 Common Pitfalls For Blender Beginners - Thanks to Vaskania for these last 3 links.
Blender101 - Reasonably priced courses, and a forum for it's members. Thanks to Jay Versluis for this link.
Udemy Blender Classes - Udemy's classes are often very reasonably priced during sales.

Thanks to Tony Vilters for creating the following 6 tutorials, with more coming:

Poser2Blender2Poser: 1 - The Correct Import and Export Settings
Poser2Blender2Poser: 2 - Detailing Poser meshes using FBM and HD Morphs created in Blender
Poser2Blender2Poser: 3 - ALL Poser versions that have the Morph Brush can use FBM and HD Morphs
Poser2Blender2Poser: 4 - Why do you have to delete and replace the Poser saved obj files?
Poser2Blender2Poser: 5 - Some Poser11 default "Construct" tips
Poser2Blender2Poser: 6 - Poser11-Construct : Detailed Poser Construct tips using the Morph Brush

Blender Tutorial Playlist on YouTube - Thanks to kobaltkween for putting this together.
BlenderCourse Basics, v.2 - Thanks to Lobo3433 for posting this goodie on the Renderosity Blender forum.

Blender Fundamentals - Thanks to Lobo3433 for posting about this series of 25 Blender tutorials for those just starting out.

How to Make 3D Text in Blender - Thanks to Earl1894 for this goodie.

Tips & Tricks:

Straightening Out Edges in UVMap view - I posted this question over on the Renderosity Blender forum a few years ago, and thanks to Gadget Girl's request for such information, decided to add it here where folks can find it if needed.

Creating Videos With Blender:

Ever want to create videos using Blender? Here's a nifty series on YouTube - Blender Video Editing Series - Thanks to Robynsveil for this find, and check out her post on page 2 to see a media link to the tutorial - Page 2

Add-ons Section:

Free add-on brushes for Blender when sculpting - You can only download the brushes, as the add-on appears to no longer be available.

Blender Wiki - Blender Add-ons Catalog - Thanks to Heddheld on the Renderosity Blender forum for this goodie.

ENJOY!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad you approve. Took me close to an hour to get them all back up there. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're welcome Seliah. I had them on the old forum, and kept adding to it now and then, so if you ever see something, post in the thread, and I'll add it to the list. ;)

Thanks for the links. I just started playing with Blender (as in doing the coffee cup tutorial) so they are very useful.

A quick question if someone knows off the top of their head, can you export the particles generated when you make hair or fur in Blender back into Poser? I was wanting to make a winter render of Harry but he needs to be a bit furry to look realistic. I tried fooling with the PP11 hair room but it will take forever to set up all the hair groups. I watched this tutorial
on blender/cycles and thought it looked easier because you can paint hair particles all over an object, but then I didn't know if you could import what you have made back into Poser to render.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have no idea about that. So far the coffee cup is the only Cycles tutorial I've played with. You might try the Blender forum at R'osity. They're pretty knowledgeable there, and it's where I've gone a number of times over the years when I needed to figure something out.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When I get caught up on my products a bit, I want to check these out.
I did make a necklace of chains with rings studded with gems by following their tutorial on a CD from 3D world once.
Also made a head of a woman.
It has been too long since I worked in it, thanks for the links. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're welcome FL, and I'd love to see how that necklace came out. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It is no longer on this drive.
It was on a big 400 gb drive that got deleted.
But I do have it somewhere on a dvd and will try to find it.
Losing so much stuff from drives is why I back up a lot now but it is all scattered on cd and dvd discs.
If I get where I can afford at least two big hard drives, I am going to use one just for zips and psd files soI don't have to keep it all on this one external drive.
Fortunately I do still have my dvd from 3D world that has the tutorial on it so I can try again. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh don't worry about it FL. If you find it, good, if not, I'm not in any rush. I just thought if you had it handy, I'd like to see it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I thought all blender files could be imported back into PP11
As far as I know, Blender can export as .fbx, Collada (.dae) which is Blender's default export format, and Wavefront .obj, which is how I export from Blender.

I'm not aware of Poser (any version), or any other 3D app for that matter, that can import Blender's native .blend format.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Poser can import .fbx, collada and of course the obj...so you are right no .blend format..
I thought I read somewhere that they were working on being able to send direct from blender to poser...a plugin I think

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Seliah. I'm going to add that link up to the "list", as it looks very helpful. ;)