• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Blender Help, Forums And Tutorial Links

Robynsveil

Admirable
Hi Miss B, thank you for that very comprehensive list of Blender resources. This one may seem a bit off-topic for a modelling / stills-rendering focused group, but I'll submit it anyway for your assessment as to suitability. It's a tutorial series on YouTube by this really lovely fellow :geek: named MikeyCal Meyers, on using Blender as a Video Editor:

I've sort-of branched out a bit from Poser and stills-rendering and am doing a bit of photography and videography. Since I'm a bit of a battler - funds are always a bit tight - Blender's been an excellent, if quirky fit for doing little video clips. I've a ways to go before I actually release one into the wild :whistling:, but in any event, this tutorial series might interest someone interested in going into animation or whatever.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Robynsveil, welcome to the Hive. :)

As far as video tutorials, I know Blender has been successfully used for creating some great movies/videos, so why not. There very well may be folks here on the forum who do video clips, and would like to know how to do them in Blender. I'll add the link in a little bit, though I probably won't use the Media link in that post, but will refer folks to you're post here if they want to get a quick view. ;)

Lianam

Eager
You're welcome :) Glad I found something that may help others. I don't even recall how I tumbled upon him. hehe

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Robynsveil! I occasionally attempt to come to terms with Blender but my brain tends to end up coming out of my ears. I didn't realise you could use it for video editing...for the info!

Robynsveil

Admirable
Sorry about the slow reply: we've been on holidays to Wanaka in New Zealand... just got back last night. So I missed your warm welcomes... thank you, Miss B and Pendraia.
What a lovely place Wanaka is: lots of hiking and cycling and reasonably-priced restaurants. Ready to go back, already... just a 3-hr flight from Coolangatta, too.
Back to video and Blender: there are new features coming to Blender's NLE in 2.77 - how exciting is THIS! :applause:

Robynsveil

Admirable
When can we expect the new version Robyn, do you have any idea?
Apparently the release candidate number 2 is available now for download, but as one would expect from RCs there may be a few bugs. I expect 2.77 will be out by the end of the month, however. I'm too excited about some of those new NLE features - can't wait for all bug fixes to happen - so I've gone ahead and downloaded, and I'll be trialing them.
I live in the South-of-Brisbane area right on Redland Bay, not all that far from Andrew Price, actually (he's a Blender guru of some repute - never met the bloke, though). I do love it here in Oz - came over from California some 16 years ago and never regretted it! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm jealous. Two trips I never got to make during the years I did all my traveling were 1) Japan, and 2) Oz because back then the airfare was outrageous.

Anyway, do keep us up-to-date on the new version. I'd like to hear your comments as you play with it until the RC comes out. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Apparently the release candidate number 2 is available now for download, but as one would expect from RCs there may be a few bugs. I expect 2.77 will be out by the end of the month, however. I'm too excited about some of those new NLE features - can't wait for all bug fixes to happen - so I've gone ahead and downloaded, and I'll be trialing them.
I live in the South-of-Brisbane area right on Redland Bay, not all that far from Andrew Price, actually (he's a Blender guru of some repute - never met the bloke, though). I do love it here in Oz - came over from California some 16 years ago and never regretted it! :)

So now you're a Brizzy girl...there are quite a few people here who are from Down under. I'm further down in Melbourne but I think Sanbie up North from memory!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Nope I am a Brissy girl too Pen...Robyn is about 20 minutes away from me....Redland Bay is a nice area...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds good Sanbie but can I point out that to me you are up north? Not far north like Cairns I know...lol

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
lol...Yeah I suppose to you I am up North...See not far from each other!

Me-Robyn.jpg