• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Beta testers needed for Poser morph randomizer for Dawn/Dusk/Luna

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So, I've been working on a script to randomize morphs for Dawn, Dusk, and Luna. It's a Poser script, and it's in a basic form right now. It allows you to choose from a few predefined groups, then asks you to enter a number for how extreme you want the possible morphs to be (it does recommend a number based on my own testing).

If it works they way I want, you would be able to generate a random figure, then if you don't like the ears or the nose, you could then randomize just that part.

So here's a random face I generated:

Then I ran the script again, but just on the ears, with the setting set a little lower:

You'll notice not only are her ears less elf like, but they moved further up her head.

I'd especially love for someone who has lots of Dusk/Baby Luna morphs to check it out. But also I'd like to know if it does strange things with custom characters, or if morphs seem to be used that shouldn't be.

The UI is pretty basic at the moment. I'm just using some of the built in Poser windows because wxPython makes my head hurt. But I'd like to know what people would like to see, so I don't spend lots of time creating needless interface elements.

Send me a pm and I'll send you a link to the file.

Thanks

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks. I ended up doing it a totally different way, but I learned some really cool things looking into the group nodes that gave me some other ideas for useful scripts. And learning is always the best.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So my first pictures were kind of massive, and I'm not sure very explanatory. Of course, these two are also kind of massive, but they have a lot more faces each, so I think it makes up for it. I wanted to see what would happen with the creature morphs for Dawn. I found some of the results kind of disturbing when she had normal skin, so I turned her green.

Then I went back. Gave her a normal skin tone. Removed the creature morphs, added in The Faces of Africa Pack, and did some more randomizing. This time I re-rolled or re-randomzied parts of the faces when there was something I didn't quite like.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Gadget Girl, I would test for you, but I'm not sure I have enough morphs for the figures for the randomizer to get a work out. I have head & body morphs for Dusk, but only body for Dawn. I also don't have the head morphs for Luna.

If you think I've got enough to give you a good test, I'm happy to step up.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks. I'm making some changes now, and when they are done, I'd love to have you test, even if you don't have a lot of morphs. The funny thing about a random script, is it's almost easier to get good results when there are a lot of morphs, then when there are only a few. I'll message you when I've got my next version ready.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks. I'm making some changes now, and when they are done, I'd love to have you test, even if you don't have a lot of morphs. The funny thing about a random script, is it's almost easier to get good results when there are a lot of morphs, then when there are only a few. I'll message you when I've got my next version ready.

Good deal. I'll give it a go when you are ready.