• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Becoming nomads

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, time for an update. We are living with one of our daughters in Oklahoma, all of our stuff is in storage back in Colorado, but at least it's safe, and we are safe. No jobs yet, though he has had several interviews. We are broadening our ideas about jobs even more, but he really wants to keep teaching. He is taking a Praxis test next month to get a Science Endorsement for his license, so that he can teach Science, too, and that may bring in new opportunities. He did have one offer, but they were offering about 10k less than what we would need to just scrape by in the area that the job was located! If we already had a house there it might have been different. We are in negotiations with another job, but they too are offering WAY less than what we would need to live there (in Hawaii). So, thank you to all for the prayers, keep them coming, we know that something is waiting in the wings for us, just have to be the right time/place.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I totally understand and feel your pain. I hope you find something good and find something fast! Hmm, sounds like you were good parents to get the offer from your kids. I feel good karma coming your way.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you're okay :grouphug: Sounds like teaching in the states is much less secure than here in oz...I'm lucky enough to have an ongoing position but we still have lots of teachers who float from contract to contract or get by doing casual relief teaching. Do you have any agencies over there that you can sign up with to get part time work? Always seems over here that crt is a good way to get work at a school. I did crt with one of the schools that I eventually got a contract for...don't know if it works that way over there?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's been a really weird thing. He's going to take another test and get his science endorsement (he has Social Studies/History) and that may open up some more positions, as they are still really pushing the STEM agenda still. Thanks for the idea about substitute teaching, he said he would look into that.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Years and years ago, my brother got burned out with teaching (he was history/social studies & coaching). But a year of working for AAA, and he realized teaching was where he belonged. He got a position subbing for an English teacher on maternity leave. Which turned into a full time position. So he spent the next 30 or so years teaching high school english, as well as coaching. Though a year younger than me, he retired a couple years ago. And I am so envious.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My husband started out an attorney. Did Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, Stalking, Rape, etc. for 13 years. Got bleeding ulcers from it, because there is only so much that the justice system can do in many cases. So, he switched to teaching about 5 years ago. He said it's much more enjoyable, even with "problem" students. But, History, tends to be a bit limiting it appears for finding jobs.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, a bit of good news finally.
My husband finally got a job offer! It's not nearly as much as we hoped, so I will be finding outside the home work, too. But, we will be working! We are on a tight schedule, he has to start by the 11th, and we have to find housing and such before then, but it's nice to have a goal to be able to work on.

May be offline once we actually move for a while, since don't know when we'll be able to afford internet after the move, but life in on track towards normal again. It's a nice feeling, even with the rush and things up in the air.

Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes!