• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rokket

Dances with Bees
My avatar was inspired by the new Batman v Superman movie. I did the whole thing myself in GIMP. I love that program. It's the poor man's Photoshop, and it's pretty powerful. I made my own galaxy with it. Can I post that here? It's a 1920 x 1080 .png....

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL Karth, probably - sweet kitty

SuperBatRokket....

Glad to see Avatars on all 3 of you so you have "faces" :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Hi Karth, I love the new avatar but I will have to make sure our avatars never meet up. Mine has a passion for chasing cats, I know most dogs do but many of this 'breed' are often fast enough to catch them. If only the cats knew that the best move is to stand their ground with mine, he is fast but not very brave and will abandon the idea if the object of his attention won't run.

Hornet3d

Wise
Cute cat Karth!

What breed is your dog Hornet? Is it a whippet? She's very cute too!

I put the word breed in quotes a he is a Lurcher which is not recognised as a breed as it is a sighthound cross so you are as close as you can get with whippet.

I am not sure on his true bloodline as we adopted him from a rescue center and all we really know was that he was a working dog that got abandoned. That and the fact that his owners clearly thought the hungrier the dog the better the hunter as you could see almost every bone in his body when we first got him.

The hunting background means we have to be very careful when walking him and he is always on a lead for his walks but so he can get good exercise we book and enclosed field a couple of times a week. Weekends my wife and I often take him for a walk at an arboretum close to us. He loves to run and to see him at speed is a sight to behold. Despite the hunting background he has a wonderful temperament and is great with kids.