• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'd like to add my welcome (or welcome back!) to everyone as you all join or return to the Hive!

Click on your name at the top right of forum pages to access your profile.

Please, be sure to give yourself an avatar.

Your avatar is your "face" in the community. And this IS a community.

Here's HOW TO ADD OR CHANGE YOUR AVATAR and some other reasons to have one ;)

Thanks, and have fun!!

Last edited:

McGyver

Energetic
Hello Alisa!
Can I ask... What is status? It does not seem to be what I thought it was... Which was perhaps some silly remark that appears next to your avatar. It seems likes its some sort of comment that goes somewhere... but I do not know to where it goes...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Status seems to be a little blup that appears on the Forum Home page (New Profile Posts) or on the New Profile Posts page. It's also on your profile, or the mini profile that pops up when we click your name/avatar link.

It's just a little way of saying ... Oh, I'm feeling extra blue today. Or I'm frisky as all get out and have decided to swim the English Channel ... even though I live in the United States and will have to swim across the Atlantic Ocean first.

That last probably is a wee bit too long for the status field :wink:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
lol, glad Satira answered that since I don't do "status" thingys ;)

McGyver

Energetic
Oh... I get it... No... No, I don't... Wait... Hmm... Maybe... Yeah... Okay... Sort of... I think I'm having trouble trying to wrap my mind around how to express any idea, thought or scheme in under 140 characters.
I don't think it's possible.
How many characters is Twitter? Well, whatever, it's too few... That and it's called Twitter. Can't do that. I can't do any social media... Maybe because it's presented weirdly or that the main one is called Facebook and it's not made out of actual faces like the Necronomicon or old phone books used to be... But anyway, I think it was the 140 character limit that threw me.
Well, in that case, I can probably leave my last status comment there infinitely. Well, maybe not past when the sun finally swells up after expending it's nuclear fuel and shrinks to a red dwarf... I suppose the forums might have changed by then.
Okay... Thanks for the explanation.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think you DO have it McGyver. The "status" post is like a tweet, which only shows up in the New Profile Posts on the Forum's front page until a bunch of other folks "tweet" their own. I did one when I first joined, and now it's gone. I'm just not into recreating it over and over again, but it is interesting to see what others write. :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Since I never used twitter, never have texted and don't have a facebook wall (don't post on fb that much anyway -I mostly have it for family and close friends and following places like HW :)), I'd say I'm not a "post your status/current mood person.

Alpha, you can always take a picture of yourself and use it as your avatar. Mine's a picture of me :p. Yes, the truth is out, I AM just a golden retriever puppy....

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) Yeah, and typing with big paws...NOT easy !!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Neither is typing with little paws.

You should see the messages I sent earlier tonight when Tsuki was graciously helping me type.

Granted, she can't read, so that could be why nothing she typed was understandable.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I hadn't heard that there was a new kitty!!! Pictures, we want pictures (the Mugshot thread is a good place for it :))

Zaarin

Brilliant
I'm so glad you guys decided to use Gravatar; it's nice to have a sense of cohesion across my accounts--and to spread the love for a certain Cardassian tailor. ;)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
As a Trek fan, your avatar makes me smile, Zaarin :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
76Yes. I have a new baby. I picked her up from the clinic Wed after she was spayed. She's a libra. (Birthdate is estimated as Octob54er`000000000000000 3, 2015 ... without the extra characters courtesy of Tsuki)

I put up some pictures in the Anchorage, but will put some in Mugshots.

helena

Inspired
Thanks for the guidance. I will add a picture when I find one I like. You know, where the hair is freshly done and all that goes with it.
:)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Congrats, Pommie!

You're welcome, Helena - Hope you find a good one :).

And here's a link for everyone to the Mugshot thread