• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Any Interest in Produce Freebies? (poll)

Is there any interest in produce Freebies?

• Yes Please!

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No Thank You.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I was experimenting with more of SnowFireGraphic's foods to see how they hold up, and if they can use unimesh (only the egg couldn't but it looks good anyway!). I'm doing an art piece where I needed some food.... Sooo obviously there will be more than just produce...

Please keep in mind this is a big project (back 'in the day' we all saved maps as tif's with BUM's! eeek!) - but I hope to start doing the FREEBIE "sets" of the Food categories sooner than later.... :)

PS...also please keep in mind, with MY limited diet, this is sort of painful...as Snowfire made these deserts soooo real! To say nothing of how I used to be able to eat "raisin bread" too, and loved it.... sigh.

MoreFoods.jpg

and yes, there's a chocolate donut with NO nuts for those allergic! ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne, I can totally empathize with you on the diet! I can't eat gluten OR dairy, at this point... so pretty much almost ALL desserts are off-limits to me... and certain ones I used to really love! :D

These look great, though. I can feed them to my characters, at least! They can enjoy the sugar rushes for me. LOL!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ROFL!! I used to "EAT" in Second Life... vicariously....(now can't go there anymore, it's ALL typing to talk).... but thanks for your sympathies... It's SO frustrating!!

Gilraen777

Inspired
Do you have any Nectarines, Peaches and Strawberries? Some of the favorites I would love to have, but ANY produce is good. I can use it all. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Welcome to HiveWire, Gilraen.... I took a quick look/render:

Fruit3.jpg

found a PLUM that looks yummy too... R to L: plum, watermelon slice (whole one in set too) strawberries (tho not sure, is texture map on whole one still good enough?) nectarine, and peach... they are NOT sized... I need to bring in Dawn and size them to each other and humans...and I want to update the maps (UPDATE ONLY MEANS ADD SOME CONTRAST/SHARPNESS, WHAT EVER IS NEEDED... I WON'T BE MAKING ANY NEW MAPS!)
I also have to change tif maps into jpgs, and create a proper runtime... (poser only remember) for these props...

I have some um... "mundane life stuff" causing me extra anxiety right now, so give me a month to get to this large project... I am pretty fast once I get focused on it!
but I WILL do a set or two each of:
Produce
Foods like already shown, and more...
whatever will work well for our new machines, and higher resolution monitors! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@eclark1894 "I rather have the texture maps."

not quite sure what you mean? the props are textured with maps as shown. I just was not sure the strawberry was "up to par" as we say here in the usa (or maybe anywhere people play golf? ;) ) Anyway, food props load in poser as shown. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Those all look great. Food props are much easier to find now than they were when I started in 2009, but more is always welcome.

Something that would be useful, if you are interested in a project (needs a good camera) might be a set of scalable round planes, or very short cylinders, that can be fitted manually into bowls or pots or whatever, textured with various types of soups or stews or sauces.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good idea Jodel...and something you see a lot in modding for games. I remember creating some sacks of food in NifSkope for Oblivion.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
way cool. voted yes. would also love foods cooked by native peoples on a spit or coals or hot stones. broiled wild life like rabbit, or deer legs/shanks, fish etc. really hard to find for old world or camping scene development, etc.
but produce is way cool. indian corn variety with cob and leaves, squash, bitten into apples and other fruits................