• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Any Interest in Produce Freebies? (poll)

Is there any interest in produce Freebies?

• Yes Please!

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No Thank You.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Produce.jpg

sorry I had a typo for "kiwi WHOLE" !

I'm taking a poll to find out how much interest there is in having some Poser FREEBIE produce ... Snowfire Graphics, who sold through my store exclusively, has given me full permission to offer any of the produce as freebies. (sorry we don't do DS, so they MAY work, if DS users know how)

Fun Fact: Snowfire Graphics is now our Flint_Hawk!

Pictured is an example of just some of the produce that seem to make the transition in quality pretty well. (rendered in Poser Pro 2014) Not all the maps are "enhanced" here... I experimented with the orange half and whole, adding some contrast, sharpness to the map. In some cases I plugged into bump. I am also able to use unimesh at 2, which makes the model even nicer looking! :)

Please vote so I can decide... as it will take some work to "enhance" maps, re-save from the original tif to highest quality jpg AND create a proper runtime, plus I need to scale the fruit for Dawn/Dusk/Luna!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are they actual pp2 files Lyne? If so they would work in DS it's just they would need the materials adjusting.

Cr2's, pp2's, pz3's and pz2's all work in DS they just need materials adjusting most of the time. They tend to come in with the Lighting on Plastic for starters and bump and displacement often need adjustment also.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They would probably work fine in DS also then. I've voted yes...just saw some info on doing grapes in an Iray thread over at DS.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
re: grapes... keep in mind there is only ONE map for the entire prop object... I mean one material zone for all... these are OLD models sold waaaay back when my store was on line... back in the days of a CRT monitor, even! (and gosh, poser version FIVE, no less) LOL!

although they will be for Poser 9 and up... (I'll have to remember to save them out of my P9 so they have backward compatibility! I use P2014, but I do NOT want to go back and edit that many files!)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yes please, Lyne. I love having stuff like this I can use to create a believable living environment...nothing like a bit of 'stuff' to make a render look real.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
10 votes, cool!! I had set the poll to run for one week, so if it "closes" (I don't know how that part works) just TELL me in this thread... I appreciate it!

I am kinda warming up to DOING this project, as folks express an interest. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ask Alisa about extending the poll Lyne. I'm sure there's a way to do it, though I haven't had the pleasure yet, so not sure how to do it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually Lyne, I meant for you to PM her and ask, but as you say, she's so busy with everything else, she wouldn't necessarily see that any sooner than she'll see this. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
EEP! that makes more sense... besides I'm "in talks" with Alisa already... duh, Lyne! o_O

and HEY! we can delete our own posts!! this new forum is just SO cool, I keep finding out just how much MORE it can do, STILL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
HEY! we can delete our own posts!! this new forum is just SO cool, I keep finding out just how much MORE it can do, STILL!
Yes, my favorite thing being that it turns URL links into the title of the page. I always like to do something similar manually, so it's nice that the forum does it for you. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
lol - Welcome to HiveWire, BEDT.

I don't know beans about the polls either - but when I tried to edit it there was an option for an end date which was blank so we'll have to see if it actually will expire. If so, one of the CVs or I or Lisa should be able to figure out how to extend it, too :)