• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anniemation Products at HiveWire 3D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cool!

Note that this requires the UPDATED dog (updated today), so please go re-download the HiveWire Big Dog from your accounts :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh fun! I don't usually do animations, but these should make those who do very happy.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
:)

They are just like still renders only a lot more of them and in a different format. :geek:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I noticed that, so I'm assuming if someone wanted, for instance, the Sitting Up pose, they can just render the last frame of the animation. Then again, I suppose that's true of any animation.

Hmmmm, now I wonder if the Frisbee Dog animation can then be combined with the Sitting Up animation, as the Dog, or now the Pup, could wind up sitting there with the Frisbee in their mouth. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think what's going to happen is the feet won't hit the same spot, legs will slide while moving. I spend a lot of time to make sure the feet hit the ground and stay there.

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, you were right...I didn't have success with the animation applying to the puppy, but not so much because of the animation itself as it was attempting to apply the animation pose to the puppy causes a bunching up of the mesh around the neck and abdomen, somewhat of an "accordion" effect I guess, so I didn't bother to run the animation. Cool animations and poses though, and of course, cute puppy :)

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah I'm finding out that animations are pretty specific to the animal. Can you post a screenshot?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Janet, you were right...I didn't have success with the animation applying to the puppy, but not so much because of the animation itself as it was attempting to apply the animation pose to the puppy causes a bunching up of the mesh around the neck and abdomen, somewhat of an "accordion" effect I guess, so I didn't bother to run the animation.
Hey Sky, did you by any chance download the new update for the HW Big Dog, because you'll need to install the update BEFORE you try playing with the new HW Puppy.

skylab

Esteemed
Sorry for the delay in my response...doing some cooking, in addition to 3D stuff. Yes, Miss B, I did download the updated Hivewire Dog since I saw the information posted. Janet, I'll see if I can recreate what I observed when the animated pose was applied to the puppy. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, here's how the pup appears once the pose is applied. I added a few arrows to point out places where the mesh split. You were right about the animated poses being animal specific, and it's the type of thing that requires more than a few little adjustments.

hw-pup-test.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go Miss B...I think this may have been what you were describing. I used puppy preset poses 08, 07, and 03 to tweak and manually create this animation using a tennis ball from Turbo Squid.

hivewire-puppy-ball.gif

skylab

Esteemed
No, had to do them manually because of the mesh distortion with the Big Dog animations. I'll send you the scene file and maybe it could be used to tweak and create a puppy animation add-on for your set, if you're interested. I started the puppy at preset pose 08, then advanced the frames and applied pose 07, then advanced the frames and applied pose 03....and then just tweaked the feet to make sure that they didn't drop below the ground plane. The rest was just stuff like blinking the eyes and raising the ears a little, and doing a pug head wag :) Check your email :)

:bee: