• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Added at Morphography: QuickSuits for various figures

English Bob

Adventurous
I've uploaded additional QuickSuits for various figures. In brief, a QuickSuit is a royalty-free OBJ format mesh which you can use to model clothes. There are more details on the download page:

Quick Suits

This community may have particular interest in the one for Dawn. :) Almost at the other end of the timeline, Michael 1 and 2 never had a full suit, just a jacket mesh - until now. The list of new suits is below - do check out the full range on the download page if you're new to the QuickSuit concept.
  • Alyson 2 (Poser 9 female)
  • Dawn
  • Michael 1 or 2
  • Miki 2
  • Miki 4
  • Rex (Poser 10 male)
  • Roxie (Poser 10 female)
  • Ryan 2 (Poser 9 male)
I did convert suits for Poser 11's Paul and Pauline, but they don't fit properly and will need adjusting. I'm also planning to expand the range of QuickDresses - yes, there will be one for Dawn as soon as I can finish it. ;) The QuickDresses have morphs, so there's a little more work involved.

Darryl

Adventurous
Thanks for the resources. Might I suggest a quickdress for some male figures, M4 and Dusk. You could call it a quickrobe to avoid the snickering from the peanut gallery. Those would be handy as well.

English Bob

Adventurous
A male QuickDress should be possible, provided I can adequately flatten the boobage. If it also provokes snickering then all the better, as far as I'm concerned. Bring it on. :p

I had only made dresses for the females so far because I didn't think there'd be a demand for a male version, however I see there could be a desire to model robes for biblical / historical / sci-fi scenes.

As far as Dusk is concerned, I haven't made a QuickSuit for him because I use Wardrobe Wizard to get the conversion most of the way there, and I don't have the WW data files for him. The same barrier would apply to a QuickDress for him. I do have Dusk himself, of course!

I'll have a go at a M4 QuickDress first, and see how it goes. It would probably need a rethink on some of the morphs.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for sharing. I would also love to see a quickSuit for Dusk, especially to help with the feet. I might be able to do a quick conversion for you, as I do have WW for Dusk, to give you something to refine. Is there a better one of the figures to start from?

English Bob

Adventurous
Thanks, that would be most appreciated. I've done my recent male conversions from the David QuickSuit, since that has feet and most of the others don't. The P4 Dork suit doesn't seem to convert very well to anyone else. The Antonia suit has a better mesh, I think, but it has boob topology like Madonna's famous bra and I don't see those working very well in a male suit. :)

The settings I use are:
  • Normal clothing
  • High Resolution
  • Close Fit
  • As Prop
  • Add material dials (although the prop file isn't released, it's often useful to tweak the mesh)
I'll have a go at a M4 QuickDress first, and see how it goes.

Rrrats. No I won't. I thought I had the WW files for M4, but of course the M4 QuickSuit was made by someone else. I really should update my collection soon - meanwhile, if anyone wants to have a go I'll publish my QuickDress conversion settings.

Darryl

Adventurous
Thanks for the consideration Bob. It might also be used for making a kilt, labcoat, trenchcoat etc.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for the Dawn Quick Suit sir. I have a number of the older ones I downloaded years ago. I need to look at them again. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the Dawn Quick suit...I remember downloading the older ones also, many years back now.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool chart...I never realised that he was so tall...how would I measure the height of someone in DS. I want to make a character that's 95 cm tall.

English Bob

Adventurous
...how would I measure the height of someone in DS.

I don't know DS, but I believe you have 'real world' units available there. If you can scale a simple prop to the required size you could compare your figure to that. Hopefully a DS expert will fill in the yawning chasms in my advice. :)

I didn't do those measurements in Poser, by the way; I measured each figure's 'raw' mesh in a modelling utility.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Cool chart...I never realised that he was so tall...how would I measure the height of someone in DS. I want to make a character that's 95 cm tall.
You know, it's funny because this morning I was doing a bunch of Dawn renders, then switched her out for dusk, and the lighting no longer worked right so I figured he had to be taller, but I guess it's by a lot.

English Bob

Adventurous
...the lighting no longer worked right so I figured [Dusk] had to be taller...

I had a similar moment - I had saved a scene for creating the QuickSuit thumbnails, with the camera set so that the suit for the tallest figure I have would be framed correctly. When I imported Dusk's suit and it disappeared off the top of the frame I realised he must be on the large side. :)

I belatedly realised that Dawn and Dusk have clothing base meshes already supplied with them, at Runtime:Geometries:HiveWire 3D:ClothingResourceBase:Base: DawnCRKit.obj* and Runtime:Geometries:HiveWire 3D:ClothingResourceBase:Base:ClothingResource.obj respectively. However these are derivations of the figure's mesh and may have too much unnecessary detail for clothing modelling. I hope mine will be useful for more loose fitting clothing.

*The space in that path was added to stop a spurious grinning smiley appearing. :D

Talking of tall figures, I see I never converted a suit for Apollo Maximus. I should add him to my to-do list.