• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Act Your Age!

eclark1894

Visionary
Last month, I hit the big 60! I don't know what I was expecting, but this ain't it. I actually feel pretty damn good. I admit I won't be entering any marathons or road races anytime in the future, but that probably has more to do with my weight than my age.

Wonder what 61's gonna be like?:sneaky:

quietrob

Extraordinary
For me, I didn't notice any difference until I hit 50. I'm now approaching your age and the difference is subtle. It's a pity that every single anti aging product out there seems to be a scam.

Hornet3d

Wise
The next 5 ain't bad either.

Well I'll vouch for the first four and a half years of that, I'm not 65 until July so I can't vouch for the whole five years. On the whole it has been good, I have a few more aches and pains and I have to pace myself a little more. On the plus side I am still picking up new skills and reusing some old ones. I am enjoying my time with Poser more now than a was a few years ago and again finding new features and things to do so it looks likes the saying 'you can't teach an old dogs new tricks' is about as valid as ' your school days are the best days of your life'.

Terre

Renowned
I've got 4 1/2 more years to go before hitting 60 but doing pretty well here too.
My bad knees are mostly due to a birth defect, age has simply made them a bit worse rather than being the reason I need to be careful with them.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hit 57 in January and it's been an OK decade so far. Would have been better if I didn't have so many expenses but this decade I had two new issues, Autonomic Nervous Disorder and Type 2 Diabetes so there's that! lol

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hate diabetes!
All my dad's people had that, ran like wildfire through the family.
One of my brothers and my sister were hit with it.
I'm pre-diabetic so I watch carefully to try and not eat foods that are bad for it or gain more weight than I have.
But diabets knows no age restriction...sigh.
My body feels the age now with all the added aches and pains to go with what I already had...lol.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, no fun at all. Seems as I get older I need more pills. I hate pills! lol

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 15 years ago, never been a massive junk food eater but it runs in my mother's side of the family. Tablets are certainly a drag but it is the injections I find hardest to deal with, even after years of injecting.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
What does act your age actually mean? What am I supposed to be doing at this age?

edit: I want to go back to playing with my "Dolls" oops I mean my 3D figures.

quietrob

Extraordinary
You're all youngsters yet, wait till you're my age..hehe.
I'll be 72 in a month. :)
Much respect to @Faery_Light ! I can only hope I make it to where you are now! My dad had his birthday last week. We were yakking and he told me some man tried to berate him for going first through the supermarket door. He said he was 66. Dad snorted and told him he was 88. Apparently the man backed down to his elder. He might be older as they didn't get around to recording his birth for a couple of years. I still listen closely when someone senior to me gives some advice or when someone like @Bonnie2001 age lets me know what's happening now. The kids are pretty smart and the elders are pretty wise.

Me? Dumb as toast but I'm still here!

robert952

Brilliant
Much respect to @Faery_Light ! .... The kids are pretty smart and the elders are pretty wise.

Me? Dumb as toast but I'm still here!

Yep, as I get older my parents get smarter. I know now why they were telling me the stuff were trying to get me to understand. (Of course, the really scary part is my parent's political views are starting to agree with mine. Well, I think it's their views that are changing... ;-) )

Hornet3d

Wise
Yep, as I get older my parents get smarter. I know now why they were telling me the stuff were trying to get me to understand. (Of course, the really scary part is my parent's political views are starting to agree with mine. Well, I think it's their views that are changing... ;-) )

Sadly I lost both my parents some years ago and at one point my political views were very different to their's, particularly my father, who was very much a union activist. I often wonder how my father would vote today as the party he supported then is a very different entity now. What I am sure of is that both my parents brought me up to be able to ride the knocks of life and take a genuine interest in others and their views, something for which I will be eternally grateful.

Like Quietrob I take great interest in what people of Bonnie's age have to say and that of my nieces who are older than Bonnie but clearly of another generation...or two.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Even the idiots and stupid people have areas they are not idiotic or stupid about. Why am I picturing Heihei the stupid chicken from Moana has some intelligent ideas to keep it alive somehow I have no clue how.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sadly I lost both my parents some years ago and at one point my political views were very different to their's, particularly my father, who was very much a union activist. I often wonder how my father would vote today as the party he supported then is a very different entity now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Our political views are all based on what the news media tells us. People who hate CNN, usually like FOX and people who like FOX usually hate CNN. Problem is that both networks are biased and blatantly so for one party or the other and despite which side you're on, they're BOTH lying to us.

Hornet3d

Wise
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Our political views are all based on what the news media tells us. People who hate CNN, usually like FOX and people who like FOX usually hate CNN. Problem is that both networks are biased and blatantly so for one party or the other and despite which side you're on, they're BOTH lying to us.

Being in the UK I don't see much of those networks but ours are no better, even the BBC who are meant to be unbiased, but I try not to have my views set purely on media output. Very difficult unless you have first hand knowledge but researching subjects and looking for more than one viewpoint rather than just the one that supports my view can help.

eclark1894

Visionary
Being in the UK I don't see much of those networks but ours are no better, even the BBC who are meant to be unbiased, but I try not to have my views set purely on media output. Very difficult unless you have first hand knowledge but researching subjects and looking for more than one viewpoint rather than just the one that supports my view can help.
Sorry, I sometimes forget there are other countries in the world that have they're own concerns.