• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3W Creations WIPs

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
After seeing a certain movie, I felt it necessary to make a cute round robot.

I give you ORBOT!

OrbotPromo01.jpg

This is almost complete, so if you would like to Beta test, let me know. This is DS and Poser compatible, and has both 3delight and Iray materials for DS.

All the materials and poses shown here are included. And more.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cute...I wish I had time but at the moment I'm just too busy with my own projects.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hope to have this to QAV soon, just needing one or two more beta testers (HINT, HINT).

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks for all the encouragement and interest. The DS part of this product is about 3/4 done. That is, the bodysuit is complete, the helmet is done, the heli-glider is finished. But, just between us, I'm having a bit of trouble with the harness, and I worry that it's because I've made it way too complex.

The main problem is with the medallion parts and the straps that attach to them. I've added child bones so that each medallion is a separate bone. This keeps them rigid when Dawn is posed; they follow the body parts and don't deform. (I've also made them rigid groups to prevent deforming when morphing). That way they can also be adjusted with transforms, ie rotation, translation, scale. It works reasonably well as long as the poses are not too extreme. I've tweaked and smoothed the weight maps seven different ways from Sunday, as the saying goes, and I don't know if I'll gain any more improvement there. Am I going to have to make a bunch of JCM's?

Well, don't worry if you have no answers, sometimes I just need to talk myself through some of these problems. If anyone wants to beta (alpha?) test, let me know, maybe that would help with good suggestions. I'm trying to get the DS version complete before doing a Poser conversion, because if I have to make any big changes, I don't want to have to redo the Poser part too.

Rambling completed. Carry on.