• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3W Creations WIPs

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love what you're doing here 3wComics. Yes, yes! Keep it up. Love that outfit for Dawn.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I finally found some time today to work on the StarStorm outfit some more. I've changed the rigging a bit on the harness and am setting up rigidity groups and smoothing weight maps. Am happy with the results so far.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
...And here's a blast from the past. I was also working on this project almost a year ago, then hit some minor snags that I really couldn't/didn't-want-to deal with at the time, but now I've come back to it with fresh eyes and it's coming along nicely also. It's called Morning Commute, if you didn't remember. Just a prop set including briefcase, umbrella, newspaper, and coffee cup.

Morning Commute.jpg

BCGray.png

MC02.png

Time will tell which project will be completed first...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh I remember that, as I liked all the detailing in the inside of the attache case. Glad to see you're back working on it. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oooh. I am loving that briefcase, 3W! Looks really nice. I'm with Miss B on this; the detailing inside of it making it actually USABLE as a briefcase is GREAT! :D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Definitely remember - look forward to that!

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The DS version of StarStorm is ready for beta testing if anyone is interested. I will post in that forum also. The Poser conversion is well under way, so let me know if you want to test in Poser, too.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the morning commute stuff but that StarStorm looks wicked! (in a good way of course :D)

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm having a struggle with the thing that should be easiest.

RE: Converting StarStorm to Poser. The rigged clothing converted fine, but I can't seem to successfully convert the helmet. It is simply a prop with morphs. I haven't been able to get the morphs to convert. (I'm using a pp2 exporter script from mcasual, I believe).

Is there an easy way to do this? Maybe a different script/utility to use? Or should I just start over from scratch in poser and load in the morphs?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Poser testers for Star Storm now needed! Please pm me if interested.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Kicked around the idea of trying to make a script so that Poser 9 could apply layers similarly to what DS has with the LIE (Layered Image Editor). Snarly even offered to help out, which is generous. But at this point I just want to get Star Storm in the store, so just went with blender nodes in Poser and added a bunch of MAT presets. It doesn't allow you to add the overlays automatically to other textures, but all the layers will be in the texture folder, so it can be done manually with a graphics editor. Poser users are used to doing that anyway, right?