• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

12th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2018

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hopefully, the last batch of entries will make it into the gallery today. I'm waiting too. Judges can't judge until all the entries are posted.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Satira's back to work at her office, so probably not until she gets home this evening Ken.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I plan to upload the last batch after dinner.

For some reason the city has had the outer parkway closed for more than a week, so getting home takes a bit longer than usual, since all that traffic that would normally take the two outer lanes has to funnel into the two inner lanes. Would be nice if one could find info on street closings, especially when it's a major commute route. But last week when I tried to find out why the lanes were closed ... there was a total lack of info.

But ... that's Philadelphia. The city that loves to tax us to death, but then can't account for $33 million of taxpayer money that's just ... mysteriously disappeared. Since the city hasn't ... just as mysteriously ... reconciled the payroll accounts for seven years, an outside firm has been brought in to try to find the money. At a cost of $500,000 to the taxpayers.

Anyway ... long story short (too late!), I'll get the last files uploaded shortlyish.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The confirmation email is an auto generated email confirming your upload was successful.

Uploading the entries to the galleries is a manual process which involves first downloading each entry, renaming each entry, resizing each entry (many are larger than the upload limit), and then uploading each to the gallery. It's easiest to do this in batches rather than one by one as each entry is submitted.

Once I've uploaded a batch to the gallery, I change the status of the entry from New to Accepted. You can always check the status of your submission, and know that if the status is not flagged as Accepted, it's in the queue.

I submitted a picture on Saturday and I got confirmation of entry, but I don't see it in the folder.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you MissB. I see mine as a static image when it's an animation on youtube.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I remember that, but I think there was a way to get to see the video, as I did see it when it was first uploaded.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh I spent months on bird animations and then lost them. But looks like my son had them backed up for me. We're waiting to get them backed up to a proper hard drive so we can see them.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Last batch of entries are uploaded to the gallery. That's everything that was submitted except two entries. One had no image uploaded, and the second had no qualifying products that I could see.

Only static images are uploaded to the Monthly/Contest galleries. Janet also linked the animation on page 3, which may be what you remember seeing Miss B.

The sun has now reached a point where I can't see my screen. So ... I'm off to read until the sun has dropped below the trees, and I can see my screen again!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Only static images are uploaded to the Monthly/Contest galleries. Janet also linked the animation on page 3, which may be what you remember seeing Miss B.
Ah, now that you mention it, because I do remember seeing the animation.

Now off to see the final entries.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Last batch of entries are uploaded to the gallery. That's everything that was submitted except two entries. One had no image uploaded, and the second had no qualifying products that I could see.

The sun has now reached a point where I can't see my screen. So ... I'm off to read until the sun has dropped below the trees, and I can see my screen again!

Thank-you Satira! ...and yes, that "second entry" didn't have the qualifying product in it so wasn't eligible.

The judges have been given the link to the gallery (and link to the animation on YouTube).

Good luck everyone!