• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I actually found time to do an entry. Would have liked a whole lot more time to work on it but was glad I could find even a few free hours and actually participate.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, the deadline has been crossed and I see that the last minute entries have been posted now in the gallery.

I'm sending off the ballots to the judges and wish everyone the best of luck and a big thank-you for participating and supporting my bird models.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't envy them Ken, as they're going to have a hard time picking the winners. We have a great collection of entries this year. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The diversity of styles and approach have always been a challenge in judging this contest. I don't think a contest has gone by in which even the "Ringers" (judges who I have a pretty good idea what they'll pick), have surprised me with some of their choices.

I've been purposely a little vague on who the judges are because I wasn't entirely sure which staffers from Audubon California would volunteer to be on the panel, but now I can confirm that the recently promoted to co-director (in order words, the "Big Wig") of Audubon California, Meghan Hertel, will be one of those casting votes.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Great entries as usual with your yearly competition Ken... awesome work by all...

A 'Ringer' in Australia is a stockman who looks after livestock on a large station ( property )

All Aussies shall now burst into song....

Click go the shears

Stezza

Dances with Bees

There wasn't enough of Ken's bird in this image to enter.... plus none of the judges are Scottish.... at least I don't think they are :)

Bagpipes Modeled & all Rendered in Carrara no postwork.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, I had to take a double-take to realize it was bagpipes and not a textured bird. :rofl:

Dollmommy

Motivated
So many wonderful entries, good luck to everyone. Sure don't envy the judges in their endeavour to choose the winners.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, are the winners going to be announced today??? ~sits patiently in the corner to see who they are~