• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017

Iaconagraphy

New-Bee
Finally got my submission in, only to discover that it's showing up as "Image 0023", instead of the title which I triple-checked I had actually typed. :/ Oh well, hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here! As a chronic birder, as well as a digital artist, this is absolutely the coolest competition out there!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All titles now appear in Submittable as the number in which they were submitted. Not sure why that's happened. But, this is why I suggest people check their submissions once they have been uploaded to the Open Rendering Season gallery. Most filenames are similar enough to what the title is supposed to be, but a few filenames have been completely different.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving the entries, and welcome to HiveWire, Iaconagraphy!

Iaconagraphy

New-Bee
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've actually been a lurker for about three years now (this is my third Open Rendering Season), but it's nice to finally come out of the shadows and meet folks! :)

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Great images, but... I can only view very small versions of them, even if I klick on the full size media button. Am I missing something obvious there?

Roberta

Eager
Great images, but... I can only view very small versions of them, even if I klick on the full size media button. Am I missing something obvious there?

Some time ago I had asked the same thing and SatiraCapriccio answered me:

"Before uploading to the galleries, all images are resized. Otherwise, images quite frequently exceed the gallery upload limitations. There appears to be a rather generous submit limit as it's not uncommon for Monthly and Contest submissions to be in the 2-8 mb range.

Judging will be on the actual submissions, not from the galleries."

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A really nice group of entries so far this year. Glad I'm not going to have to judge. ;)